a guest Nov 13th, 2018 86 Never
- ECLAIR SHELLS
- - 2 cups water
- - 2 cups milk
- - 1 lb unsalted butter
- - 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- - 5 cups all purpose flour
- - 16 large eggs
- - Powdered sugar
- 1. Combine water, milk, butter, and salt in a saucepan. Heat until butter has melted and bring to a rolling boil.
- 2. Remove pan from heat and add the flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- 3. Return the pan to the burner and cook over medium heat constantly stirring until the mixture smooths out
- 4. Transfer the mixture to a mixer and mix on low for 2 minutes
- 5. Switch to medium speed and add eggs to the mixture one at a time. Mix for an additional 2 minutes after the last egg.
- 6. Pipe eclairs into desired shape using star tip with as many small teeth as possible. Coat the unbaked shells in a thin layer of powdered sugar.
- 7. Bake at 395°F for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 320°F and bake for 25 more minutes. Do not open the oven door while pastries are baking.
RAW Paste Data