- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 22/11/2015 Sunday 23:30
- GENERAL: Macedonia started to build a fence on Greece border to enforce current rule that only people from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan are being allowed to cross border to many balkan states. Others are being held. This separation is currently causing many problems in Idomeni (Greece/Macedonia borders). We are confirming about the further development and possibilities to help there, as this seems that many other nationalities remained stranded in Greece.
- // We have adjusted our structure a bit to provide volunteer-related info for the whole Balkan route. Please let us know if this is more easy to read and understand. //
- - Idomeni: Huge tenses on the site, police in riot gear. Reportedly 1000 people - members of nations which non-allowed to cross to Macedonia - are on hunger strike and also are blocking access to refugees from allowed countries (Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan). If you have contact in Greece which could immediately response and bring help to Idomeni to those who are there for 2-3 days, it would be great, also if you have anyone on site to confirm exact needs, please provide contact.
- - Lesvos and other islands: windy weather and rough seas means almost no one arrived today from Turkey. Time spent on cleaning seashores and other non-essential tasks. Also many ferries not operating, so refugees stranded on islands. Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- - Gevgelija: Local activists are constantly asking for donation of crutches and wheelchairs for the refugees who are disabled and/or injured. If you can help with donations, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Miratovac: Problems with local taxi mafia and police, volunteers have problems providing info, which allows refugees to avoid paying huge sums to local mafia. Small czech team and Humedica are on site, but they are asking for 4-5 volunteers to extend their shifts, please contact Martina +420 724 073 335 or Xhelal Hasani Tel. +381 633 74 034, email@example.com.
- - Preševo: No need for volunteers at this moment, some adjustments are being made (new entry and exit points) to shorten waiting time at the entrance to camp. Volunteers are still lacking warm clothes to hand out and money for purchasing food. If you can donate, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561
- - Dimitrovgrad: Hot meals are provided, but local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. Volunteers are also needed, please contact Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77
- - Beograd: Clothing, hot tea, soup and toiletry distribution for folks stranded in Belgrade continues at Miksaliste. To help there, please use Volunteer sport http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - Šid/Adaševci: Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we give information, hand out water and some basic clothes too. Situation is stable there. Socks, scarfs, large plastic bags and tapes welcomed, no volunteers needed, Czech team handles it internally, only few of people needed.
- - Slavonski Brod: Volunteers welcome - accreditation required and more in-depth security checks especially for foreign volunteers in place now - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below before you come (waiting time cca 48hrs)! Contact: +385-99-5021-926.
- What is needed here:
- 1) shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's.
- 2) aids for the age- and movement-impaired: incontinence pads, wheelchairs.
- 3) aids for baby transportation: baby carriages, baby carriers.
- 4) warm cold weather gear: caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets (though not as much).
- - Dobova
- Hungarian team SOS Bamako is in need of both general volunteers and medical staff there: doctors and nurses, medical students, for the last week of November - starting Tuesday. Contact Petra Szabo via FB: https://www.facebook.com/szabopetra
- - Sentilj: Slovenska filantropija needs volunteers for several locations. Volunteers are helping in food and clothes distribution, cleaning and any other assistance refugee needed at the moment. Volunteers are usually working in 3 shifts, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. and 11 p.m. – 7 a.m. Donations of winter clothes and shoes are also very welcomed. Accreditation is obligatory so please send your full name, date of birth, nationality and address of residency to email@example.com. For other info please contact +386 41 654 726.
- - Spielfeld: Volunteers welcome in Spielfeld, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich) https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/. For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - Please note, that almost all volunteers spots requires a REGISTRATION OF VOLUNTEERS (usually 48 hours in advance) now and so we strongly suggest to contact local coordinator or contact person in advance to comply with these requirements and to avoid being turned away on the site.
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 22/11/2015 Sunday 23:30
michalberg Nov 22nd, 2015 (edited) 508 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data