a guest Jun 15th, 2017 48 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- The road to this point had been hard, but it's finally going to happen she noted excitedly to herself whilst looking over the map of the city.
- "Are you ready? We need to get going, Jester." She heard her partner's voice speaking with a stern tone.
- "Affirmative, Jester" she replied, as she picked up her toolset and went out onto the balcony blazed by moonlight.
- "The sky welcomes us, this is a good omen" she noted loudly with a hidden eagerness in her voice.
- "I don't believe in omens and neither should you." responded her partner with a slight hint of disappointment in his voice.
- "I-I....." She stuttered.
- "You and me and where we come from knows more than anyone about the truth of this world." He noted to her in a voice alike a mentors.
- "Right...." she replied.
- This guy she thought, he was treating her like a child. She would show him she noted to herself as she reminisced about her past, living on the streets with the rats.
- "Collect yourself, we're moving out!" He commanded.
- Across the rooftops over the city they paced. She made a conscious effort to keep ahead of him.
- As they were about half-way there he stopped and lashed out at her. "You're going to tire yourself out, pace down. We're ahead of our schedule so there's no need...."
- She became even more frustrated with him. "We're of the same rank, jester" she noted to him.
- The baffled Jester stared at her with cold eyes while mumbling something she could not hear.
- "Focus on the mission....." He said, and continued his sprint.
- As they arrived at the wall guarding the target building, she swiftly shot the two guards with her bow whilst tumbling down the building adjacent to the wall, signaling over to her partner.
- The jester had a curious look on his face.
- "That's right" she said out loud, pleased with her work.
- "According to our intel there's ten guards in total patrolling the garden, from where we drop down there will be two close to our position, We should go for one each, Jester." he whispered.
- "Right..." she replied.
- They quickly dispatched of the two guards and the rest afterwards.
- "Were you thorough of disposing your garbage, Jester?" he whispered to her as they approached the target building.
- "Of course" she noted angrily.
- "Affirmative" he replied, "let's go then."
- "Our monarch seemingly likes to read before going to sleep, let's hide in the library" He noted while picking the lock.
- Inside the mansion they were greeted by elegant furniture and decor, white walls lined with golden stripes and silk draperies of the highest quality.
- "These draperies must've been spun by the great seamstresses of Celik'har, they're worth a fortune" she noted quietly to herself as she touched it
- Her partner looked over as she felt the immaculate smoothness of the fabric. "Leave it, we're not thieves..." He hissed at her.
- "It's not like he'll need them...." she replied while letting the fabric slip through her hands.
- "Zozklic...." he mumbled with what must have been a Celikian accent, "We need to get in position.... Hurry." he urged her.
- "This should be it" she pointed out while quietly opening the door to the library.
- Inside the library her partner pointed over to a corner whilst looking at her.
- Well in position they started listening for footsteps while preparing their instruments.
- Faint footsteps made their echo as they grew louder and louder, she made a sign to her partner and they readied themselves as the door opened.
- A person's shadow crept forward across the floor before the originator of the shadow entered the room with a lantern in hand.
- Tipcat made a swift leap from her corner and quickly sliced the throat of whom she thought was their monarch while stopping the fall of the body.
- "The lantern!" the Jester whispered while quickly grabbing after it, managing to catch it with a finger, and then a clash of broken glass echoed as the lantern slid away from the sweaty finger.
- She looked over at her partner with an arrogant smirk, only to be greeted by an expression of fear as they heard a voice coming from the corridor outside.
- "Honey! Did you stumble and fall? Hold on I'm coming."
- "A mans voice!" she realised while looking down at her victim confused, only to see that it was a young girl with golden blonde hair dressed in her silky white nightgown now spoiled with crimson red.
- Her partner squeaked "Quickly, quickly, hide the body!" but it was too late.
- "Guards! Guards!" the voice shouted while carefully traversing across floor of the corridor.
- As the monarch saw the large pool of blood on the floor, a mysterious sound started accumulating from the corridor.
- "Run!" her partner shouted and started running towards the other side of the library towards the other door.
- Before he made it over to the door, it opened and in came guards. He stopped in place, preparing his dagger.
- "Where is she?!" The jester shouted aloud in fear, she saw him glance over at her.
- Fear had filled her body, she sat there as if she were made of stone.
- A mans sobbing echoed in her ears coming from the door opening.
- "Wh-why?! what had she ever done to you lunatics?!" a voice loudly cried out in rage and grief.
- She saw the sweat dripping from her partners lightbrown face as a fierce red energy emitted light from the monarchs hands, increasing drastically in size.
- The energy formed into a sphere of golden red, unstable flames sparked out of it as she saw the sobbing man standing over his daughters corpse.
- She heard a swoop of air as the sphere flew towards her partner who was struggling trying to climb a bookshelf while the guards rushed after him.
- The immense shockwave and sound of the sphere exploding woke Tipcat up from her panic and she looked over at the impact and saw her partner laying there on the floor bloodied among the bodies of the guards who had chased him.
- Moonlight shun upon his pale face, he glared painfully at her, she noticed a motion from his mouth as blood dripped out of it, his eyes looking towards the door next to her.
- The man, the Monarch slowly made his way towards her partner with a slightly smaller sphere, but this time it wasn't made of flames, it possessed a shade of green.
- "I shall heal you, Jester! I will sacrifice my own lifeforce just to save you so that I can get the chance to torture you and squirm the location of your order out of your mangled mind and body!
- So that I can do the same to them and eradicate your petty order from the world!"
- Tipcat had regained her composure and realised that this was her chance, she could kill him. He didn't know that she was there.
- She started charging towards him with her dagger in her hand, she could shot him, she knew - but she wouldn't give him the luxury of a quick death, she would let him bleed out as her partner down on the floor.
- She was charging full-speed now, planning her path. She would leap from the table and stab him in an artery from behind.
- However as she leapt from the table it broke and her jump fell short, the monarch quickly turned around and charged up a smaller fireball, throwing it towards her.
- This one was more precise she thought, the first one was misaimed and filled excessively with energy, this time he aimed - for her chest.
- She realised his goal and quickly tried to dodge out of it's way but was unsuccessful, it would still hit her she realised as it was right at her knee, she felt the heat and prepared her mind for the pain.
- At the same time she pulled for her bow, so atleast their mission wouldn't be a failure.
- She shot at him but missed and then fell down to the floor. She looked at her knee, the fireball must've missed, she pulled for another arrow but was stopped by a guardsman's sword
- "Drop it!" a voice shouted. "Lord Ganzoth, what should I do with this one?"
- The monarch turned away from her partner, she saw no life in him anymore, the Monarch's face was riddled with tears, but she saw no rage in his expression anymore - he looked at her with disgust.
- "Put her in shackles, and prepare a cell for her. I will call for the order tomorrow, and then we will question her. Now, Leave me....."
- "Yes, Lord Ganzoth!" replied the guard and called for his other men to put her in shackles.
- While she was being carried away by the guards she made a mental note that the Monarchs name was Ganzoth, she received a chilling glare from him but she also saw confusion in his expression.
- "My magic passed right through her..... How?" He mumbled to himself as he looked at damage the first fireball had brought to his estate.
- As they got to the holding cells they made doubly sure that they had confiscated everything she had.
- "If she manages to escape, we are dead; stay guard at watch her every move" said the guard dressed in armor, pure metal of white decorated with crimson gems. He was the one who stopped her from pulling another arrow from her quiver she realised.
- In her cell, Tipcat examined her knee and found strange black spots surrounding it, throughout the night she felt a pain growing in her leg, keeping her from sleeping.
RAW Paste Data
Pastebin PRO Autumn Special!
Get 40% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!
Get 40% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!