- WHAT IS THIS?
- -An Ace Attorney styled adventure game/visual novel series, with the social link mechanic from Persona 3/4 and a 999/Battle Royale-like setting
- -The series contains 2 main games, and a third person shooter spin off that connects the plots of the two main games, called Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- DOES IT CONTAIN DUAL AUDIO?
- Yes, all games have dual audio, but the TPS spin off requires a separate free download for the Japanese audio track.
- I'VE HEARD NISA IS HANDLING THIS SERIES. IS THERE ANY CENSORSHIP?
- No. And yes, that includes Another Episode too.
- WHAT'S THE STORY ABOUT?
- -Note: this is a summary of the first game
- -A group of super skilled high schoolers along with one ordinary one chosen by raffle
- are selected to attend Hope's Peak Academy, an institution that only scouts the best of the best and promises its graduates a successful career.
- They arrive, only to find that they've been imprisoned in the academy by a teddy bear called Monokuma, who tells them that in order to escape they have to kill someone without being found out.
- After someone is murdered all the students must take part in a "Class Trial", to figure out who the culprit is.
- HOW DOES IT PLAY?
- -The game has a linear structure with only one alternate ending towards the end
- -The story is split into chapters and each chapter of the game is split into 2 portions: (n)everyday life (fan translation)/Daily Life (official translation) and neveryday life/Deadly Life.
- During (n)everyday life you can explore the academy, talk to the other students
- and progress with the story.
- There's also a section called "Free Time" during which you can hang out with the other students
- give them gifts, learn more about them and gain skills for the class trial.
- During neveryday life, or after someone gets killed, you have to "Investigate"
- the crime scene and other related places and collect "Ammunition"/"Truth Bullets", or evidence
- for the class trial.
- In the "Class Trial", you have to debate with other students in order to catch
- the culprit of the case.
- This is the most gameplay-filled portion of the game, as it's mostly made up
- of minigames. You can read about them in detail here: http://pastebin.com/8bXQiRnb
- HOW DO I PLAY THESE GAMES?
- -The PSP version of the first game has been translated by Project Zetsubou and is avaiable here: http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/downloads/
- The Vita port has received an official English release by NIS America in both the US and Europe
- -The second game can be played both on PSP and Vita, but the Vita version is the only one that's available in English. And no, any links you find to a "fan-translation" of the PSP game aren't real
- -Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls can only be played on Vita
- I DON'T WANT TO BUY A VITA; ISN'T THERE ANOTHER WAY TO PLAY THE OTHER TWO GAMES?
- You can watch YouTube playthroughs of both Danganronpa 2 and Another Episode if you don't mind getting half of the experience.
- Alternatively, you can try to play the PSP version of DR2 alongside a youtube playthrough or one of the following text LPs:
- Orenronen's LP. Canceled. Got up to chapter 3: http://danganronpa2mirror.tumblr.com/post/55269573689/table-of-contents
- birdmanronpa's LP. Has chapters 4 and above translated along with some of the character's Free Times: http://birdmanronpa.tumblr.com/masterlist
- Kuzuhiko's mirrored LP. Original blog was locked by password and only the entirety of chapter 3 and a bit of chapter 4 have been salvaged: http://kuzuhikomirror.tumblr.com/masterlist
pantsuline Jan 9th, 2015 (edited) 7,940 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data