a guest Apr 16th, 2018 63 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- "I think [Ruby on] Rails has tapered out a little bit lately. Maybe the new version that they're coming out with –
- the one that's actually fast (laughs) – maybe that will be interesting. But there are performance issues with the
- scaffolding and stuff, and they recognise that, which is why the new build will be better. But I've never been a huge
- fan of code generation, to be honest – it's building apps that have already been built.
- The scaffolding, well, it looks good in a screencast, but for real-world use the scaffolding just wasn't interesting to
- me. And I think many other people have come to that same conclusion: 'OK, the scaffolding is cute, but we need something
- real.' Ruby as a language is great, I think it's a really clean and nice language. There just aren't that many people
- who know it well.
- A lot of people went to Ruby on Rails because they got sucked in by the screencast and the 'hey, you can build an app in
- 10 seconds' factor. But when they needed to do something real, they thought, 'Oh crap, I don't know Ruby very well!'"
- -- Rasmus Lerdorf (creator of PHP)
RAW Paste Data