- This is an open letter to Rockstar Games.
- Dear Rockstar,
- I've recently learned that in an effort to make up for the somewhat troubled launch of GTA Online, all players who started playing online in October will receive $500,000 to be spent in the game (http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51565/grand-theft-auto-online-half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this.html)
- For the love of all that is good and holy, please don't do this! (Or at least make it optional)
- I've been playing GTA Online since it went live, my character is level 28, with a nice house, a few cars and $200,000 in the bank. I've really enjoyed earning this money by completing missions, races and challenges with friends, crew members and strangers.
- It's a great feeling of achievement when you earn enough money in the game to get the next car, house or whatever it is you've been saving for. Giving every player $500,000 will shit on that whole process. Completing a mission and getting $10,000 wont feel like such an achievement when you've already got half a million sitting in the bank. I really feel that suddenly getting wealthier would make the game less enjoyable, and most of my crew agrees with me.
- If you really want to make up for the server issues, carry on fixing them. So far you've done an amazing job, just keep up the good work. When I first played GTA Online I was lucky to even log on to a session, and couldn't ever start a single mission. Now, after only two weeks, the online play is near enough flawless. As a web developer I'm aware of how hard it is to make software work at scale, and I'm really blown away by how much you've achieved in such a short time.
- I'll admit that I've not been unfortunate enough to loose my online character, maybe if I had I'd feel different about the $500k you're offering, which is why I suggest this:
- Set up a system where people can ask for the extra money, either because they lost a character, or are just happy to take it. Don't ruin the game for those of us that would rather earn the money the hard (and not to mention, fun) way.
- Love and hugs
Dear Rockstar - Please don't make me rich
a guest Oct 12th, 2013 28,992 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data