- Proposal that was agreed to on 7-11-2013
- Working Group
- A Working Groupwill be set up, chaired by Trustees Mike Borkowsky and Jeff Gural.
- The charge of the Working Group is to explore ways in which Cooper Union may
- revert to providing full-tuition scholarships for all enrolled students while
- establishing a sustainable financial model and continuing to invest in academic
- excellence. The Working Group’swork is to be a good faith effort to seek
- alternatives to tuition. The definition of a sustainable financial model will be
- provided by the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees. Financial information
- will be provided by the administration as appropriate. Any financial information
- that is more detailed than what is used in public reporting will be shared with the
- Working Group only on the basis of strict confidentiality.
- The Working Groupwill report to the Administration and Board of Trustees by
- December 1, 2013. The Board of Trustees will consider the recommendations at the
- following meeting.
- • three trustees
- • three administrators
- • three students (one elected by the Student Council of each of the Art,
- Architecture and Engineering schools)
- • four members of the full-time faculty (one elected by each of the full-time
- faculty of each of the Art, Architecture and Engineering Schools and the
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences)
- • three alumni(one from each school)
- • If independent financial expertise is to be sought, it shall be provided by a
- nationally recognized expert in higher education finance at selective
- Student Representation on Board of Trustees
- At the September Board of Trustees meeting, the Board will approve the details for
- the election of a student representative as a member of the Board of Trustees, with
- the first such representative to be seated at the December Board meeting.
- Community Commons
- A room will be identified on campus, as soon as is practicable, that can serve as a
- student center or a center for all members of the Cooper community. Use of all
- Cooper facilities (including this room), and all individuals entering or utilizing Cooper Union facilities, shall be subject to all Cooper Union policies, building hours,
- and entrance restrictions.
- The terms of this proposal must be agreed to in principle by the occupiers coming
- out of the 7PM meeting on July 11. The President’s Office will be vacated no later
- than 5:00PM EDT on Friday, July 12, 2013. Henceforth, occupiers and all present at
- this meeting commit to complying with, and cooperating with the enforcement of, all
- laws and Cooper Union policies.
- If the above condition entitled “Occupation” is met, all individuals who violated laws
- or Cooper Union policies in the course of the occupation will be granted amnesty.
- Joint Statement
- *A joint press release will be issued on Friday, July 12th announcing the agreement
- on this proposal.
- *Agreement made on Friday July 12th change release date toMonday, July 15th per the
LAK PR agreement copy
a guest Jul 15th, 2013 15 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data