The Great Race Torrent
a guest Sep 17th, 2018 16 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- The Great Race Torrent
- (Copy & Paste link)
- A grand adventurous race takes place between the heroic Leslie and the despicable Professor Fate across three continents.
- Professional daredevil and white-suited hero, The Great Leslie, convinces turn-of-the-century auto makers that a race from New York to Paris (westward across America, the Bering Straight and Russia) will help to promote automobile sales. Leslie's arch-rival, the mustached and black-attired Professor Fate vows to beat Leslie to the finish line in a car of Fate's own invention.
- At nearly three hours this confection of delirious overkill starts to grate on your nerves after about 10 minutes. When you realize just how many countries there are between New York and Paris (the race's path), and how many more pie fights, fist fights, sword fights, bar-room fights, ballroom scenes, blizzards, car breakdowns, yelling and over-acting there are left to endure, you feel a need to question why you decided to watch this film. Sure, there obviously was a large budget, an all-star cast and sumptuous sets and locations. But it is being hauled through this interminable barrage of above-mentioned obstacles and assaults that prevents this film from being an entertainment, and turns it into an endurement.
- Easily the greatest comedy of it's type, and the father of all those road trip flicks. It is criminal that this movie was left out of the top 100 when Tootsie got inclusion.<br/><br/>There are few movies that you can watch again and again and just seem to laugh even more every time. Lemon is a completely different person in this movie, it is like the Coyote and the Road Runner often, a lot of it is that sort of comedy, the impactingly creative script may never be matched, it is just like a blockbuster of a adventure/comedy in the same way Raiders Of The Lost Ark is a blockbuster of action/adventure. <br/><br/>With half a decades worth of memorable and hilarious quotes this flick just hits the mark and stands tall in any generation. A DVD release is less than it deserves. <br/><br/>The Great Leslie is a growing dare-devil success, achieving record stunts, his competition or wannabe competition is Professor Fate who bungles every attempt at his own success and at foiling Leslies making himself look bad and Leslie look better. Leslie is now wishing to go to the next level and achieve a feat of less skill and more of stamina and endurance, he proposes an car race form New York to Paris, he will also show off a purpose built automobile in doing so which is named after him, The Leslie Special. Enterring in the Race also is Ms Maggie Dubua, a female rights activist and reporter wishing to make a statement for women by winning and also to report on the progress of the race. Also joining him is Professor Fate in a black gadget mobile with a magic button that handles, a cannon, an elevation structure, an probe on the front that heats up to ford through snow and lots more. That huge chunk of story is less than a quarter of what is to come.<br/><br/>In all honesty this is a crowning acheivment and redefines hilarious. Wether you are a film buff, comedy fan or just film watcher this is a not to be missed flick.<br/><br/>10/10
- Yes. The movie was inspired by an actual New York to Paris road race known as "The Great Auto Race of 1908" that began in Times Square on February 12, 1908. There were six cars entered representing 4 countries- The United States, Germany, France, and Italy. The actual race took 169 days and The United States won. As far as being historically accurate, Director Blake Edwards primarily used only the time period (1908) and a rough approximation of the race route for "The Great Race" movie. Most of the other memorable elements from the film- the zany over-the-top characters, the many fantastic vehicles and gadgets, and incidents such as crossing the ocean on an ice floe and the gigantic pie fight- were products of Edward's fertile imagination. Yes and no. Although Blake Edwards and Warner Bros. were never involved in producing a "Great Race" cartoon series, Hanna-Barbera Productions did produce a Saturday morning cartoon series called "Wacky Races" that ran from 1968 to 1970. This cartoon series was inspired by and borrowed heavily from "The Great Race" film, and even featured characters that strongly resembled those in the movie in both appearance and personality- in particular, "Penelope Pitstop" (based on Natalie Wood's "Maggie Dubois") "Peter Perfect" (based on Tony Curtis' "Great Leslie"), and "Dick Dastardly and Muttley" (based on Jack Lemmon's "Professor Fate" and Peter Falk's "Max", respectively). "The Leslie Special" and "The Hannibal Twin 8" cars were custom built for the movie and were fully driveable. As is often the standard procedure for movie and television productions, multiple versions of each were produced, including at least 2 "Leslie Specials" and at least 5 "Hannibal Twin 8's". As of April, 2014, one of "The Leslie Special's" can be seen in The Tupelo Auto Museum in Tupelo, Mississippi, and one of the "Hannibal Twin 8" cars (along with Professor Fate's lake torpedo) can be seen in The Hollywood Gallery of The Peterson Auto Museum in Los Angeles, California. In addition, both a "Leslie Special and a "Hannibal Twin 8" can also be seen at the Stahls Automotive Foundation Museum in Chesterfield, Michigan. a5c7b9f00b
RAW Paste Data