bythestars Jun 29th, 2019 (edited) 59 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- 🇨🇦🇱 it figured that just when Cal had a desperate need for caffeine, and made the trek from campus to the Brew. It was closed. Apparently no night manager could be acquired, and she had come this way for nothing.
- Jude maybe she's looking for the wrong things this late at night. Was leaning on the side of the cafe, just where the alley meets the back of the shop. Peeled the blunt off of his lips. "Night manager quit the other day." Tossed it aside and killed it with a foot. "In case you were wondering."
- 🇨🇦🇱 and he would know the right things she should be looking for? Doubtful. After toe of combat boot struck the door-frame with frustration, a scowl was shot in the lurker's direction. "..I wasn't," annoyed that the shop was closed, albeit a good reason, and that he seemed to think she needed to hear it aloud. Turning on heel, a few steps were taken towards the nearby bench before flopping down.
- Jude raised a brow to her, and propped himself away from the wall. Didn't exactly mind the scowl, he was a tad too high for that kind of attitude. Shoved both his hands in his pockets and sauntered to the blonde. "Just between you and me? I heard it's because the night manager got drunk the other night. Hit some poor student." Plopped down next to her, nose piercing and leather jacket in all their glory. Fished another rolled up stick. Handed it to her, but without even sparing the blonde a glance.
- 🇨🇦🇱 a glance was given upwards as the male felt there must be an open invitation to join her, eyebrow raising in turn as he lowered himself onto the cold wood beside her. Apparently interested in continuing along, which was only serving to make her desire for a coffee lessen and the need to punch something stronger. Often the two walked hand in hand. "..Did he now?" muscle in jaw twitching. As the joint was offered, gazed lowered to study it as one might a snake. A shrug finally administered, as delicate fingers took it from his outstretched ones. Knuckles bruised and cut from a recent string of abuse, the blood mostly dry at this point. It still stung, but that just kept her mind sharp and from teetering over the brink to do something stupid. "Got a light?" guiding tip between lips, as palms began to pat down denim pockets on her person.
- Jude shrugged. Wasn't going to bother asking her name. Mostly because he didn't care what her name was. The only thing he cared about was smoking and getting high. If he wanted to socialize with a large crowd, he'd be at the party. But he wasn't. He was outside making sure that he spent some quality time alone. It just so happens that some girl seemed to crave for coffee this late. While Jude had certain ways of looking at the world, certain philosophies most people don't adapt to, he wasn't an asshole. Which is why he's offering her some weed. "Yeah." A simple reply, and a Zippo was pulled from his pocket, flipped open, and sparked to life. Eyed her for a moment. "What brings you to my neck of the woods?" He's lying. He's just trying to start a conversation.
- 🇦🇱 had no intention of inquiring after his either, that would implicate she gave a flying fuck. And as of that particular moment in time? Cal was fresh out of fucks to give. She was tired, agitated and just so fucking angry. There wasn't enough room for any other emotion or new information to dwell. At that precise moment she was behaving like a selfish bitch, avoiding coming within a mile of the hospital despite Kian needed her. Although she had spoken to him over the phone, and texted pretty regularly. Cal didn't deal with hospitals well, too much time in them when younger, and the smell made her nauseated as a result. Kian didn't need to deal with her bullshit on top of Kendra. As the flame was produced, a deep inhale was taken, coaxing a light and smoke to slowly fill lungs. Retreating from the temporary lean, to dip head in the opposite direction to exhale, a light cough sounding. "..I thought that was obvious," wondering just how high he was already, "I come here pretty often." Paused as that might sound like an invitation for future, "My brother works here."
- Jude He's fine if she didn't have any fucks to give. They weren't here to give fucks were they? They were just strangers who happened to end up in the same place at the particular moment in time. Of course, Jude wouldn't know what she was feeling inside, knowing only that she wanted coffee. He wasn't a mind reader, and it didn't help that he was under the influence of marijuana. "Oh it is obvious." He pointed out, smirking a charming smirk. "But it's also obvious that if it's just coffee you wanted, you'd be walking over to the next nearest coffee shop." Slowly pulled his own joint. Because God knows just how many he had in his pocket. Lit it up. "Which means something's bothering you." Voice muffled by the stick in mouth. "But I'm not going to ask. You don't know me, and I don't know you." The smile he kept should lessen that blow. An indication that he didn't mean it exactly. "So instead, let's both just get high, and not have to think about shit." A deep inhale was made, sparking the drug in hand to life. The intoxicating feeling of the smoke filling his lungs caused his smile to widen. God it was good. Lashes fluttered open slowly. "Brother, huh? I've got a few siblings. Most of them aren't here, but that's--" Shrugged. "--just the way it is."
- 🇨🇦🇱 a frown seemed to be engraved permanently on her features, or maybe this guy just kept talking about things he shouldn't. Not that she had vocally expressed her desire for him to shut the fuck up. Another hit was taken of joint, before twirling it between fingertips, remembering the last time she had gotten high with another person. A night that had been oddly fun and involved making new friends, before one had to ruin it and develop feelings for her. What an asshole. "Appreciated," a single-word answer that confirmed his suspicions, and expressed fleeting gratitude that he wasn't pressing the subject. Head dipped back to rest lightly against the back of bench as she slumped down, one leg sprawling forward as the other remain bent. "..As in New York?" feeling the inquiry was natural. Free hand rising to brush blonde strands back from face, and ignoring the vibration of phone in pocket.
- Jude Yeah. He was talking about things that he shouldn't. But that's the way it was. If he didn't talk about anything, then they wouldn't be talking at all. Unless she preferred the silence, and instead the two of them sat on the same bench. Alone. Weed sticks in hand. Nothing to say? Because Jude was more than willing to provide her with the silence she wanted. But even she seemed to be vocal about a few things. She could have shrugged off his comment about his siblings, but she didn't. Which meant that at some capacity, she was clawing for a conversation. Or it could have been a desperate attempt at making sure there wasn't an air of awkward silence. "As in America." And that was the last he was going to say of it. Jude didn't like talking about his siblings. So a hand was waved, physically showing that they should just leave that at that. If he had been anyone else, he might've jumped at the opportunity to spark a very interesting conversation with the blonde. But he wasn't. "Gah." Kicked his feet up for a moment, and slammed them down on the pavement. "My brain's feeling all fuzzy from the fucking weed." Flicked his away, without even getting through half of it. He had more. "Come on, Cinderella. Let's go get some coffee." Walked past her, not entirely certain if she'd follow. But-- "I'm paying."
RAW Paste Data