a guest Apr 20th, 2018 58 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- C++, because a copy of the template code is generated for each type parameter A. ML
- compilers generally compile one copy of code that is used for all types A. (However, each
- instance of the template expansion is smaller than the single copy generated by ML.)
- ii. C++, because each copy of the code can be optimized for the specific type parameter A. In
- ML, the code has to accept any type, so there are fewer opportunities for optimization,
- and the code has to use pointers to values instead of values themselves so that all data
- is the same size.
RAW Paste Data