- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA/MACEDONIA 20/11/2015 Friday 23:30 evening
- GENERAL: 4500 refugees crossed the border in Idomeni today. ONLY SYRIANS, IRAQIS AND AFGHANIS ARE NOW BEING ALLOWED ON THE BALKAN ROUTE! Others (Cca 10%-15% according to the latest November numbers from UNHCR) are being held. This separation starts in Idomeni and continues to be applied up to Slovenia. Read more about the situation in joint statement by UNHCR, IOM and UNICEF: http://www.unhcr.org/564ee87b6.html
- Follow http://www.refugeemap.com for detailed info (but be careful about the last updated date, compare info with this update).
- PREŠEVO - Presevo and Miratovac almost empty, serbian police is letting only small groups of people cross the border from Macedonia. Serbian police very strict and no discussions. Conditions in Tabanovce very tough, camp for only 300-500 ppl, UNHCR not letting volunteers help. Our guys are trying to find a way to help in Macedonia (fake "official organization" cards, we will know more in the evening). Obviously Serbians decided to move the problem more south to FYROM. Very cold even during the day.
- Boots, socks, jackets, blankets needed. Financial help needed to arrange the food for refugees. Good amount of volunteers outside the camp.
- Contact UVP - United Volunteers of Preševo: Jessica Collins - Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- MIRATOVAC - Not many refugees in Miratovac directly. Volunteers (German and Czech team) handing out food, water and clothes, need some more volunteers for following weeks! Please contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement - Tel. +381 633 74 034, email@example.com.
- ŠID / ADAŠEVCI - Baby (0-1 years) clothes welcomed. Buses and trains bring refugees here from Presevo, train brings refugees also from Beograd. Refugees stay just half an hour at the train station, buses are stopped earlier (on highway close to Adaševci) and refugees wait in the bus (6 - 14 hours) until the next train is ready. Serbian side has got capacity up to 1500 people in highway, Sid train station and Principovac in case the trains are not able to transport all refugees. Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we give information, hand out water and some basic clothes too. Situation is stable there, almost empty tonight.
- SLAVONSKI BROD - 3200 refugees entered Croatia by 9:30 pm today, only 13 refugees in the camp. Trains come here from Šid, refugees spend several hours here. Refugees from other countries than Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq are not allowed to the camp! Railway tracks will undergo regular inspection between 23rd November and 8th December - trains will stop in Gračin station and will be brought to the camp by buses.
- What is needed here:
- 1) shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's.
- 2) aids for the age- and movement-impaired: incontinence pads, wheelchairs.
- 3) aids for baby transportation: baby carriages, baby carriers.
- 4) warm cold weather gear: caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets (though not as much).
- Everything else seems to be in full supply, children's gear included.
- Volunteers welcome - accreditation required and more in-depth security checks especially for foreign volunteers in place now - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below before you come (waiting time cca 48hrs)! Contact: +385-99-5021-926.
- DIMITROVGRAD - There is a need of 5 volunteers starting Sunday/Monday, as one team will be leaving, for working in shifts, if yu can stay for one week that would be great. Contact: coordinator Tarek on site +381 628954577. Refugees: several hundreds come daily, more families arriving in the last days, mostly Afghans, so no restriction based on nationalities applied here. Needs: shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated.
- BEOGRAD - Refugees here have the option to go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. From Belgrade, they can take the bus to Šid.
- At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still NEEDED. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. They're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- There should be 3 detention centers in Serbia for "economic migrants" - Krnjaca, Dimitrovgrad, Principovac. Centers are not yet ready (heating missing) - Komisariat might need some help with food, clothes from NGOs and volunteers, but no details known yet.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- If you have some free time during the next days your help is very welcomed in Slovenia. Slovenska filantropija needs volunteers for several locations (primarily Šentilj, but also Dobova and Gornja Radgona). Volunteers are helping in food and clothes distribution, cleaning and any other assistance refugee needed at the moment. Volunteers are usually working in 3 shifts, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. and 11 p.m. – 7 a.m. Donations of winter clothes and shoes are also very welcomed.
- Please remember to obey all the rules, follow the instructions given by the local volunteer coordinator and cooperate with the police. smile emoticon
- Accreditation is obligatory so please send your full name, date of birth, nationality and address of residency to firstname.lastname@example.org. For other info please contact +386 41 654 726.
- DOBOVA - Hungarian volunteers also on site, they are asking for small size fruit yogurts, oranges, small size juice and milk with straws, croissants, candy and lollipops, bubble makers.
- Slovenians are also asking for warm jackets, mens shoes, hats, gloves and scarves. Please contact the local NGO before you arrive or send any donations.
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - Situation under control as the camp is ready for winter. Sentilj volunteers may also sign up with Slovenska Filantropija through their online form (http://www.filantropija.org/prijave/pomoc-na-terenu/). Volunteers welcome in Spielfeld, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich) https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/. For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - Greece/Macedonia: Border crossing for Afghans, Syrians, and Iraqis with ID documents continues at a slow pace from Idomeni in Greece to Gevgelija in Macedonia. Riot police from both countries maintain a presence after protests from Iranian and some other refugees who were not allowed to cross this morning. In Gevgelija processing remains relatively smooth with an estimated 3,000 refugees on site early this afternoon. Contrary to yesterday’s media coverage, there are no current reports of refugees stranded without shelter along the border. Independent volunteers NOT able to help, accreditation with official NGO necessary!
- - November average for Greece is 5 200 people per day.
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece (or other islands) do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea and helping out in the camps - Moria and Kara Tepe. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 20/11/2015 Friday 23:30 evening
michalberg Nov 20th, 2015 (edited) 393 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data