a guest Mar 19th, 2019 58 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- * intellij-haskell 0.44 feedback
- ** tested with IntelliJ IDEA 2018.3, mac mojave, 2013 macbook air with 8G ram, hledger repo
- ** issues
- *** had to remove alpha plugins repo to see beta 44
- *** installed smoothly in a few minutes (most things probably previously installed)
- *** continuing intermittent errors about starting stack repl taking more than 5s and haskell support not available yet
- **** while building hoogle db ?
- *** turned off power save mode for inspections, and for hlint installation to complete (?)
- *** type signature on hover seemed to work intermittently, was hard to discover
- **** I tried all of these, only the last works, shouldn't it be just hover ? Or at least, don't require moving off word
- ***** hover over word ?
- ***** click in word ?
- ***** select word ?
- ***** hover over word while holding CMD ?
- ***** move pointer over word from outside it while holding CMD ? (first move off word if already over it)
- *** installing hlint got stuck, showing "Busy with installing hlint" for hours; it completed after restarting the IDE
- *** saw a message advising using Tools menu to rebuilding hoogle db, menu option was disabled until hlint/hoogle etc. finished installing
- *** do background tasks generate output separate from what appears in the event log ? how do you see it ?
- *** a certain open file got reloaded in the repl every few minutes
- *** what to do about "ambiguous stack target" warning
- *** cmd-click sometimes didn't show usages the first time, had to wait a little and try again
- *** frequently gets horribly slow and choppy during editing
- *** analyze dependencies (of a few open files) hung IDEA for a few minutes
- *** show usages does not show cross-package usages ?
- *** haskell problems pane
- **** doesn't update right away, eg moving defs to another file in same directory, had to resave a file ?
- **** didn't show errors in another package (hledger-ui) for a minute or two
- **** didn't hide hledger-ui error when fixed in library package (hledger-lib)
- ***** restarting repl didn't help, I think
- ***** invalidate caches and restart helped
- ***** would a running ghcid confuse it ?
- *** refactoring
- **** rename (S-F6) is unreliable, often doesn't find all matches even a few lines away
- *** optimize imports didn't always work (didn't remove Control.Arrow after dropping &&& usage)
- ** non intellij-haskell issues ?
- *** why is it saving so often as I type, without switching frames ?
- *** in event log, could not re-enable scroll to the end
- ** likes
- *** navigate to definition, navigate to usages working
- *** all dependencies' source available
- *** smart detection of packages, directory/file types
- *** completion of imports working
- ** questions
- *** can I make it ignore cabal sections I don't care about for performance, like tests and benchmarks ?
RAW Paste Data