a guest Feb 13th, 2018 61 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- gages <- st_read('C:/Users/mweber/Temp/gages_test.shp')
- # Let's pretend it's a csv file we read in rather than a shapefile - I'll strip out the 'spatial'
- # part (the geometry column) and make it just a data.frame with Lon and Lat columns, then show
- # how to promote it back
- st_geometry(gages) <- NULL
- # now imagine we've read in a flat file with coordinate info to a data frame 'gages' - since we're just using the 'Lat'
- # and 'Lon' columns, we apply NAD83 as the coordinate ref system rather than projection the shapefile was in
- gages <- st_as_sf(gages, coords = c("LON_SITE", "LAT_SITE"), crs = 4269,agr = "constant")
- # These are gages in Oregon so I'm reading in NHDPlus catchments for hydro-region 17
- NHD_cats <- st_read('H:/NHDPlusV21/NHDPlusPN/NHDPlus17/NHDPlusCatchment/Catchment.shp')
- # Projection have to be the same to join features - check
- st_crs(NHD_cats) == st_crs(gages)
- # Just encoded slightly differently
- gages <- st_transform(gages, st_crs(NHD_cats))
- # Now do spatial join of points and polys
- z <- st_join(gages, NHD_cats)
RAW Paste Data