a guest Jul 15th, 2019 88 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- 1. As a pilot have you ever faced any hazards with glare:
- * On a take off? If yes, please elaborate
- > Yes. In a high-traffic class D airport with east/west runway orientation in the afternoon. I was mostly concerned with other traffic in the area.
- > This has occurred on numerous occasions, but most hazardous during the airport's CTAF hours.
- * On landing? If yes, please elaborate
- > Yes. On arriving to the same airport from the east during late afternoon, sun glare caused me to have no visibility of the field at all, though I knew I was quite close. It was towered at the time. I chose to make a turn orthogonal to the sun so that I could sight the field and regain better situational awareness, then subsequently regain normal positioning.
- * Do you always wear sunglasses whilst flying?
- > Sometimes.
- * What colour tint?
- > black
- * Polarised?
- > Yes
- * Unpolarised?
- > No
- * Other?
- > No
- 3. How long have you been flying?
- Number of years:
- > 4
- 4. What is your age group?
- > 40 - 50 yrs:
RAW Paste Data