- [...]He stared at the deck on his lap, not really seeing it, seeing instead the shop window on Ninsei, the chromed shuriken burning with reflected neon. [...]
- He closed his eyes.
- Found the ridged face of the power stud.
- And in the bloodlit dark behind his eyes, silver phosphenes boiling in from the edge of space, hypnagogic images jerking past like film compiled from random frames. Symbols, figures, faces, a blurred, fragmented mandala of visual information.
- Please, he prayed, /now/--
- A gray disk, the color of Chiba sky.
- Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding--
- And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard expanding to infinity.
a guest Jun 21st, 2013 38 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data