a guest Oct 21st, 2019 83 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Welcome to the (x) channel. This channel is for information on how to trade safely, warning signs to watch for and ways to protect yourself. from getting scammed.
- > **__The main rules__**
- ```The most fundamental strategy to avoid being scammed here is to always insist in trading face to face without the use of boxes, the football pitch or any other tactics.```
- > **__How to Trade__**
- When you want to make a trade the method is generally common sense, but to help illustrate, this is the general procedure to follow.
- `1. First you negotiate a trade via DMs or in-game chat.
- 2. You arrange to meet in-game at whichever user's base is more convenient, yours or theirs.
- 3. Once you have formed a party it's time to start recording - this step is very important to protect yourself both from scams and false accusations.
- 4. Once you're in the game the user with lower level drops the items they agreed to trade.
- 5. The user with higher level collects those items and makes sure they match what was agreed on.
- 6. The user with higher level drops the items they agreed to give in return.
- 7. The user with lower level collects the items given in return and makes sure they match what was agreed on.
- 8. You can stop recording now.`
- > **__Why you should always record every trade__**
- ```If you don't record a trade, and your trading partner scams you, there will be nothing that the staff can do to help - it'll be your word against theirs. Recording trades allows you to prove that a person was dishonest - and anyone who scams you will be banned if you can give us this proof.```
- > **—— Reporting a Scammer ——
- When reporting a scammer, make sure to include all the proof below
- 1. Send ONLY 1 SCREENSHOT of the scammer saying their in game name from Discord DMs
- 2. Have a 30 second to 2 minute video CLEARLY showing the scam and the scammer’s name.**
- > **__Middleman trading__**
- ```This is THE **__safest way to trade__**! A middleman is a person that you and the player you want to trade with can both trust, and who carries out the trade for you. ```
- > **__How so I spot a scammer?__**
- ```1. Most scammers are members with very low level.
- 2. Scammers will refuse to drop first, no matter what.
- 3. Scammers will refuse to use a middleman, or insist on a middleman who they are __already friends with.__
- 4. Scammers will often offer deals that are far better than what you can get elsewhere.
- 5. Scammers often want to trade in a box or a goal post, at their homebase, where they will give you edits.
- 6. Scammers may have a friend hanging around while you trade.
- 7. Scammers often ask might ask for a 'trust' item before trading.
- 8. Scammers often promise valuable items for free, but first want to 'see' one of your guns.```
- > **__I got scammed, how do I send the proof?__**
- ```When you get scammed, head to #🎫make-a-ticket and make a scam ticket. The channel will be located at the very top, above all channels.
- Then, either send the proof on discord or upload to YouTube for the staff team to check it out.```
- > **__How do I check if someone is on the #💀scammer-list?__**
- **__Please read the steps below:__**
- 1. ```When the user says their epic name, copy it and paste it into the search bar, located at the top right of your screen.
- 2. If you see their epic name in #💀scammer-list, this means that they have previously scammed. **__Do NOT__** trade with them.
- 3. If the person is on the scammer list, you may report this to staff members to get the user banned.```
- I’ve attached a small tutorial on how to do it 👇
RAW Paste Data