a guest Mar 23rd, 2017 2,807,211 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- This comment has been overwritten by this open source script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/10380-reddit-overwrite
- Overwriting works to protect user privacy in two ways,
- 1. The Reddit database does not physically delete comments when users click the delete link, but since it also does not store each version of an edited comment, an edited comment effectively overwrites the users comment and is more effective.
- 2. While there are 3rd party websites that archive Reddit comment threads, they are not efficient, reliable, nor persistent. Most importantly, they do not allow the easy browsing of a users comment history.
- Reddit has seen a sharp increase in doxxing, stalking, harassment, and censorship recently, and this script attempts to protect users.
- ***If you would like to run this script, first install one of these open source browser extensions,***
- Chrome: TamperMonkey - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo
- Firefox: GreaseMonkey - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/
- ...then go to the script's home page: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/10380-reddit-overwrite ...and click "Add script".
- Finally, to actually overwrite your comments, click on your username on Reddit, go to the comments tab, scroll down as far as possible (hint: use RES: http://www.redditenhancementsuite.com to make use of the never-ending-reddit feature), and when you've gotten as low as possible, hit the new OVERWRITE button at the top. Make sure to do this every couple months as it can't overwrite archived comments.
- If you would like to contribute to the improvement of this script, please leave feedback on the script's Greasyfork page here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/10380-reddit-overwrite/feedback
- If you are a mod, I encourage you to join the discussion on the feedback page as well.
RAW Paste Data