DrDeSync May 23rd, 2019 70 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- [S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Area of Decay | Status Report - 23 May 2019](https://i.imgur.com/Tk2dpgx.png)
- **Hello everyone, this is our second Status Report that will be going over our Early Map Preview, the Development Process and when you can get your hands on the newest build of our mod!**
- Since December you have not heard much from us on the progress of our map, *Exclusion Zone*. We have been quietly working on reworking and revamping the entire map to bring it up to the standards of the *S.T.A.L.K.E.R.* experience.
- We hope when you finally play you will agree with our changes and addition to detail in numerous locations!
- **Revamping The Map**
- We've looked back at our previous and even some of our newer locations to add additional detail that will help enhance and further immerse you into the *S.T.A.L.K.E.R.* experience.
- Some of these changes and additions include:
- * Weathered Roads
- * Hiking Trails and Worn Paths to help you navigate
- * Extra Debris and Abandoned Buildings/Vehicles
- * New POI's (Radar Station, Churches, etc.)
- * Additional Smaller POI's (Lookouts/Outposts, Villages, etc.)
- * Easter Eggs
- With all of these we have improved transitions between our more important locations.
- [To see some of the changes and additions view these images!](https://imgur.com/a/UEM8iTf)
- **New Location - Radar Station**
- *Tucked away in the east resides an abandoned base. The Radar Station is a fortified compound home to many military vehicles, though most if not all of them no longer work or have been completely destroyed. This compound contains Soldier Barracks, Mess Hall, Radar Station, Garage and multiple Lookout Towers.*
- [To view the new Radar Station click here!](https://imgur.com/a/Lk8Cwno)
- **New Territory - Concrete Factory**
- *The Concrete Factory was created for the needs of the construction of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. After the accident on the 4th Block, this Factory was used to eliminate the consequences of the accident. Eventually it was left by its personnel due to the large amounts of Radiation Contamination.*
- The *Concrete Factory* location is our newest territory you can explore on the *Exclusion Zone* map. Here you will find an Industrial Complex with Residential Areas and a Railway Station. You can currently reach these locations via the Roads or the Train Tracks that lead out West from our Starting Location.
- You will notice our version of the *Concrete Factory* is far different from the one in *S.T.A.L.K.E.R.*. This is because we wanted to make sure this location can be suitable for multiplayer, as well as leaving more room for future locations!
- [To see what *Concrete Factory* looks like, check out our showcase of the location here!](https://imgur.com/a/zuFB4HV)
- **What Lies Beneath?**
- *Our new Territory Location has an interesting secret... one that is underground.*
- We would also like to tease our [Underground Laboratory](https://i.imgur.com/mRrQ5J2.jpg) that you can find in the Center of the Northern Industrial Complex of the Territory.
- **Our Future Plans**
- * As new builds push out we would like to open our own server(s) that are possibly PvP or PvE oriented. We are discussing with experienced server owners and those who are willing to host us to get this accomplished.
- * Create Locations for Agroprom, Garbage, Dark Valley as well as others.
- * Further improve locations with new props and assets.
- **Thank You**
- Due to the lack of communication with our community, we wanted to apologize and also thank you for staying patient with us as we continue to work hard developing the map and mod to the best of our ability. This new version of the build will be available **Today, May 23rd 2019**, for you to play on via the [DayZCommunityOfflineMode](https://github.com/Arkensor/DayZCommunityOfflineMode).
- **Full instructions on how to use this mode with our mod can be found on our [New Discord](https://discord.io/AreaOfDecay). Please let us know what you think!**
- Area of Decay Development Team
- We have also created a new [Steam Group](https://steamcommunity.com/groups/dayz_areaofdecay) as well as a new [Twitter](https://twitter.com/AreaOfDecay)!
RAW Paste Data