More Room to Roam - Comprehension and Critical Thinking
a guest Feb 27th, 2020 80 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Some elephants at the Pittsburgh Zoo may be packing up their
- trunks for a big move. The zoo just bought a large new home for
- elephants. The area includes forests, ponds, and rolling fields.
- The zoo plans to turn the land into a conservation center for
- African elephants. Zoo officials will set up a breeding program.
- They hope that the elephant population will grow from just six to
- Elephants are seriously threatened. There are only between
- 300,000 and 600,000 African elephants left in the wild. About one
- million lived in the wild 20 years ago.
- The Pittsburgh zoo is in Pennsylvania. It is the only large United
- States City zoo to create a conservation center for elephants. zoo
- President Barbara Baker hopes these efforts will help remind
- people that these creatures need our protection. She says that
- if nothing is done, United States zoos will see their numbers
- In ten years, Baker would like to see the center bustling with
- baby elephants and their mothers. "Elephants create such
- excitement and wonder about wildlife," she said. "l would hate to
- lose that. "
RAW Paste Data