- Brooks Bayne, The Witness Intimidator(tm), has been carrying the water for convicted felon Ali Akbar of National Bloggers Club, soon to be convicted felon James O'Keefe, probable future felon John Patrick Frey, and convicted felon Jason Wade Taylor.
- We should take a moment to review a sub-section of the applicable federal statute:
- 18 USC § 1512 - TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS, VICTIM, OR AN INFORMANT
- (b) Whoever knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to—
- (1) influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;
- (2) cause or induce any person to—
- (A) withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding;
- (B) alter, destroy, mutilate, or conceal an object with intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding;
- (C) evade legal process summoning that person to appear as a witness, or to produce a record, document, or other object, in an official proceeding; or
- (D) be absent from an official proceeding to which such person has been summoned by legal process; or
- Bayne is very proud of his 100,000+ Twitter followers, which is all well and good until they go off as a group on his orders, harassing a witness or victim of a crime, then it's USC 18 USC § 1512.
- How is Bayne violating this statute?
- The recorded call presented here is between Progressive activist @Shoq and conservative grifter Jason Wade Taylor, subject of a recent BURN NOTICE. Taylor, a three time loser most recently convicted of gasoline theft after he drove off, leaving his wallet behind at the station(!), seems typical of the dishonest, degenerate dullards leading the Tea Party.
- Is this recording a crime? An ignorant man reading Florida Section 934 might think so:
- Let's consider what would have to happen for there to be a prosecution.
- Bayne has a bullhorn, but he has no standing. Nothing here happens at all until Jason Wade Taylor, the other party in the recording, can PROVE that the recording happened not only in a Florida, but at a specific location so it can be assigned to the correct county for prosecution.
- Will Jason Wade Taylor risk the peril of the Florida courts given that he clearly engaged in identity theft from a known location in Houston? How funny would it be if Jason Wade Taylor, dumb felon, were arrested AGAIN by men under the command of Lieutenant Jason Taylor, Texas Rangers Troop A, Houston?
- Gosh, how DID we know that there happened to be a Texas Ranger with the same name as the perpetrator? We'll let that be a surprise.
- Assuming Jason Wade Taylor can dodge the swarms of grassroots activists who know all about him thanks to the BURN NOTICE, sidestep the men of Texas Rangers Troop A, and arrive safely at a Florida courthouse, this is what comes next:
- "Explain this slowly for me, son. They illegally recorded you while you were illegally obtaining their personal identifying information, and you want to press charges? Go on ..."
- Florida case law isn't as accessible as the actual statutes, but it's quite likely that if the other party is committing a felony the privacy assurances of Fl. Section 934 go right out the window.
- Even if they don't, an out of state felon who might be facing another go around with the Texas courts for identity theft, unless he gets referred for federal prosecution as a small player in a much larger conspiracy, would be BUTT STUPID to even try to push the issue.
- And even if he were that stupid, a busy prosecutor in Florida, seeing the particulars of this case, will promptly nolle prosequi. They'll have little sympathy and no time for some con man from three states away.
- Taylor is stupid, as proven by the particulars of the fuel theft conviction, but he isn't THAT stupid. This guy isn't going anywhere near a court house if he can at all avoid it, and he may not be able to given what he has already done in Texas. His best hope at this moment is to get REALLY quiet and hope that the Rangers find more pressing matters.
- So what is Bayne accomplishing here? The only person with standing, convicted felon Jason Wade Taylor, would have to be suicidally stupid to try to get the Florida courts to prosecute this. Bayne has delusions that this can somehow be spun up to the point where this is an issue for Media Matters, but all he is doing is prodding Taylor's victims to keep the heat on the Texas Rangers.
- Will Bayne sacrifice Taylor in his futile attempt to get at @Shoq, thinking this is a path to Media Matters? Will Taylor, scooped up by the Texas Rangers, end up being an *EXCELLENT* cooperating witness, given that he's liable to get a LENGTHY prison term out of this one?
- Ut oh ...
Jason Wade Taylor & Brooks Bayne
a guest Jun 20th, 2012 261 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data