a guest Mar 20th, 2017 75 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- git-update-index --[no-]assume-unchanged
- When this flag is specified, the object names recorded for the paths are not updated.
- Instead, this option sets/unsets the "assume unchanged" bit for the paths. When the "assume unchanged" bit is on,
- the user promises not to change the file and allows Git to assume that the working tree file matches what is recorded in the index.
- If you want to change the working tree file, you need to unset the bit to tell Git. This is sometimes helpful when working with a
- big project on a filesystem that has very slow lstat(2) system call (e.g. cifs).
- Git will fail (gracefully) in case it needs to modify this file in the index e.g. when merging in a commit; thus,
- in case the assumed-untracked file is changed upstream, you will need to handle the situation manually.
RAW Paste Data