Interview with Anima Project Studio [CrazyGameCommunity]
a guest Nov 14th, 2019 177 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- CGC: First of all, thank you to accepted to partecipate in this interview for the CrazyGameCommunity.
- We're here today with Carlos, the team manager of the Anima Project Studio.
- Hi Carlos!
- CARLOS: Hi Davide!
- It is a pleasure ^^
- CGC: So, to begin, how Anima Project Studio borned? And where are you located?
- CARLOS: We are located in Valencia, Spain. And about how we were borned…. hehe… it is quite complex. Long story short, we were
- writing and creating RPB books and board games for years, all based in the Anima Beyond Fantasy universo, till one day
- we decided to try do do videogames for ourselves, based on the same universe.
- CGC: We know that Anima Project Studio, before doing videogames, began with a series of books named Anima Beyond Fantasy,
- board games and trading cards.
- What was your ideas for making them and what did you expected at that time?
- CARLOS: I just wanted to create fun games and write stories that people would consider interesting. Simply that.
- CGC: If i remember correctly, your team is composed by three members. Was it always like this or you began alone?
- CARLOS: I began alone, but just during the time i was writing books. We have been always 3 when we started to work on videgames;
- Sergio Almagro, Miguel Hernández and myself.
- CGC: And about your team now, since is not so big, everyone has a role or you're working together throughout the development in
- all the components of the game?
- CARLOS: Yes; I am the game designer and level designer.
- Sergio is the 3D artists and animator
- And Miguel is the programmer.
- CGC: In 2011 you published your first videogame, Anima: Ark of Sinners for Nintendo Wii as a WiiWare.
- Was it difficult to develope, since it was the first time? And what was the response of the public?
- CARLOS: In fact, our team didn't develop Anima: Ark of Sinners, but a company that we made to create games of the Anima
- RPG franchise.
- I worked in the project, along with people who knew about videgames much more than I did back then, but to be honest,
- I was quite disapointed of the quality outcome. However, it was a invaluable exprerience that allowed me create my own
- company and develop Anima Gate of Memories.
- CGC: Jumping in time, many years later, in 2016, you published for PC on Steam Anima: Gate of Memories, that came even on PS4,
- Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
- Was the release already scheduled also on the consoles and, therefore, you were expecting it, or it was a decision of
- your publisher, BadLand Publishing?
- CARLOS: The release in consoles was planned from the very begining. Our objective was to release it in PS4 and One even before
- than in PC.
- The switch version came later, since we wanted to do a great port and it needs more work.
- CGC: You have published even an alternative version of it named Anima: Gate of Memories - The Nameless Chronicles that,
- we can say, completes the cycle of that story.
- Was it always been in schedule as a stand-alone game or maybe it started as a Downloadable Content for Gate of Memories?
- CARLOS: Nameless Chronicles began its development as a DLC; after all, it is another side of the same story.
- Our plan was to do it much smaller in scale, but we worked and worked on it and we had a game with
- more than 10 hours of gameplay, and therefore, we decided to do it an standalone adventure.
- CGC: Talking about your publisher, BadLand, what is the relationship with them? And why you choose them as your publisher?
- CARLOS: We have a good relationship with Badland. They have always treated us like if we were valuable developers for them,
- and that has always make us fell really happy.
- CGC: Now let's focus on the future of Anima Project Studio. Do you have some new games in development or news about the
- Anima franchise?
- CARLOS: Hehehe... Yes, in fact we are currently developing our next game, but we don't want to tell too much about it yet.
- Very soon we will do an official anouncement that we hope that all the people who enjoyed the first Gate of Memories will like.
- CGC: Allright, thanks for your time Carlos, it's been a pleasure for us to have talked with you.
- We wish to you and all Anima Project Studio good luck for the future!
- CARLOS: Thanks to you!
RAW Paste Data