Standard Magic newfags guide
a guest Oct 26th, 2018 1,303 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- 1. Never spend your wildcards until you've obtained the 10 free decks. You'll obtain them in 6 days. http://magicarena.wikia.com/wiki/New_Player_Experience
- 2. I'd recommend watching this vid to understand more about the MTG Arena economics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgRr73GcMEQ [Open] basically, never spend your gems earning gold, always spend your gold towards obtaining gems or earning gold
- 3. I would highly suggest buying the 4.99 starter pack. It gives great value for your 4.99 and lots of gems too.
- 4. I would also highly suggest installing mtgarena.pro tracker and mtgatracker. Both are very useful in tracking your win / loss, target deck needs and missing and your collection
- 5. in starting decks, you can check out Monoblue aggro https://mtgarena.pro/decks/blue-tempo-4/ and Vampire Budget https://mtgarena.pro/decks/b-w-vamp-aggro-budget/. You'll probably be able to make Vampire Budget with the 10 decks parts and you can probably make a serviceable MonoBlue aggro cashing in a few of your rare wildcards
- 6. In Drafting, learn the acronym B.R.E.A.D and just watch lots of youtube vids about drafting. Guilds of Ravnica drafting (GAR) is pretty straightforward and the AI drafts like a retard. You'll either end up with Dimir or Boros since the AI tends to pass up a lot of cards involving these 2.
RAW Paste Data