- How to protect yourself in the internet
- This document it's for education purposes only. Note that the autor does not have responsability with what anyone do using the programs or tools listed in this document.
- 1.Use of VPN
- The best way to be anonymous on the internet without having your IP leaked is to use a vpn, offcourse that there are two types the unsafe and the safe VPN's, I'm going to list them below.
- 1.1. Paid VPN's (safe)
- Mullvad – http://www.mullvad.net
- PQR - http://www.prq.se/
- VPN Tunnel - https://www.vpntunnel.com/
- 1.2. Free safe VPN's (not advised to use though)
- SecurityKiss - http://www.securitykiss.com/
- OpenVPN - http://openvpn.net/
- CyberGhost - http://cyberghostvpn.com/
- 2.Use of DNSCrypt or Anonymous DNS's
- It is advised to use DNScrypt tool so you can protect from DNS leak on the internet,
- because if your DNS is leaked you can be tracked via DNS passive checking.
- Download: http://www.opendns.com/technology/dnscrypt/ for windows and linux.
- Linux users configuration: http://linuxaria.com/howto/dnscrypt-crypt-your-dns-request?lang=en
- NOTE: If the service on linux fail to configure properly just start dsncrypt-proxy from command line and do not close the window.
- And don't forget on linux to configure the 127.0.0.1 as your proxy for every connnection.
- Anonymous DNS: http://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/wiki/index.php/Censorship-free_DNS_servers
- Configure it as your DNS servers for you.
- DNS leak test after configuration: http://www.dnsleaktest.com/
- 3. Use of Proxychains
- It's advised, in spite of using VPN and DNScrypt, to execute commands in linux using proxychains.
- 4. Use of TOR network proxy's and Anonymous proxy's
- Use of TOR network can hide your original IP from internet users
- Download Vidalia (Windows users): https://www.torproject.org/projects/vidalia.html.en
- Download/install Vidalia (Linux users): https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian-vidalia.html.en
- Download TOR Browser (Windows users): https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-windows.html.en
- Download TOR Browser (Linux users): https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en
- Anonymous proxy's: http://anon-proxies.com/
- 5. Use of IRC proxy
- When connecting to a IRC server even if you use any security measures as described you should use an IRC proxy.
- Download IRC proxy: http://ircproxy.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=configuration
- If any help or sugestions on the information above please contact: email@example.com
- 6. Use o Jabber Servers + Pidgin + OTR in Windows/Linux
- The best way to know that your messages are safe bettween your friends it's using a jabber server account in Pidgin and having OTR (off the record messages, allways point-to-point encrypted messages)
- Pidgin for Linux: You can use Synaptic if you use debian based OS's
- You can even compile it from source.
- Safer Jabber servers you can use (all these use TOR proxy's):
- See it here how to do it: http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/
Internet Security and Privacy
a guest Feb 23rd, 2013 1,885 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data