Final Fantasy XVI
OpeningThePastebin Aug 12th, 2017 (edited) 58 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- In the world of Chi, modern governments, advanced technology, and magic coexist. The country of Neo Republic is a democracy full of humans and other creatures alike from across the globe. After a terrorist group known as the Children of Magic, an organization of radical mages who encourage genocide against those who cannot use magic, attack the capital, everything changes.
- The country's citizens elect Aaron Ather, a cyborg who built his campaign on managing mages, to become the High Councilor. He enacts a law that mages must live in "guarded communities" until the Children of Magic have been defeated. A mysterious female thief named Xero infiltrates one of these communities to steal government property for her own gain.
- To her shock, these communities are really nothing more than high-security prisons where the guards mistreat mages and their families. With two options, to take the property and slip out undetected or free the prisoners and become a fugitive, she reluctantly chooses the latter and releases a mass of mages. Now on the run with her partner in crime and best friend, a bubbly engineer named Cidney, Xero becomes wrapped up in an adventure where she'll face the Children of Magic, the Neo Army, and her past.
- -Neo Republic: A melting pot that is diverse population wise and geographically, the Neo Republic is a constitutional democracy ruled over by a council elected by it's citizens. Players visit two of the country's regions across the game. The first is Thornwall, a southern desert that holds the small Rose Town, where Cidney and Xero are based, as well as one of the guarded communities. The second is Libertia, a city with Roman architecture that acts as the country's capital.
- -Tàiyáng: A beautiful land in the midst of a civil war between several emperors who claim to own the country.
- -Metel: Home of the Children of Magic, Metel is a northern country that has cold temperatures and a long rivalry with the Neo Republic.
- -Festivalis: A peaceful country south of the Neo Republic full of life and celebrations.
- -Flora: An ancient country where giant beasts roam and Summoners hold the power.
- -Vivala: A popular tourist's destination, the romantic and moonlit Vivala is known for it's Art Deco architecture.
- -Great Kingdom: A longtime ally of the Neo Republic, the Great Kingdom is a monarchy that struggles with the dangerous politics of their old friend.
- -Glyph: The home of ancient ruins and temples, Glyph is said to be the birthplace of magic.
RAW Paste Data