a guest Sep 16th, 2018 35 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- The unit files have no installation config (WantedBy, RequiredBy, Also, Alias
- settings in the [Install] section, and DefaultInstance for template units).
- This means they are not meant to be enabled using systemctl.
- Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:
- 1) A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another unit's
- .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
- 2) A unit's purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which has
- a requirement dependency on it.
- 3) A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path, timer,
- D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, ...).
- 4) In case of template units, the unit is meant to be enabled with some
- instance name specified.
RAW Paste Data