- the following are posts from the same user who leaked und3rl0rds. Said user is currently trusted by Tyler. Here is everything they've posted:
- "but why does this have to be VR only?"
- Which you know is a fair concern for people, right? It's like, are they forcing me to buy VR to have the next "Half-Life" experience?
- Is that just 'cause you think the opportunity for innovation was sort of in the VR space with this? You're not doing a flat screen
- version of this game, right?
- Yeah, I mean we would love to be delivering a version of this that you could play with a mouse and a keyboard, but like as we said,
- it began as an exploration of VR, (snippet ends)
- But then again it brings - obviously to this one, and why this, why now? Some people would probably cynically say, oh Valve has to go back to making games now that Epic's chippin' away at Steam, and "Artifact" wasn't necessarily the hit
- everyone wanted it to be, (snippet ends)
- (geoff talking)
- March 2020, "Half-Life: Alyx" comin' out, and again, yeah, we'll do "The Final Hours" next year. You know, it's been so fun to do those
- with "Half-Life", "Half-Life 2", "Portal", and that will take everyone through really the past decade at Valve and all that you guys have been through, all the experiments that you don't know about, (snippet ends)
- You can see their whole body-- Respond to the situation.
- You know, panicking, dropping clips on the ground as they fumble their weapons 'cause a zombie's in front of them, all
- these things, they're just - it's been really fun watching playtests.
- Anyway, so yeah, it's been really fun to build this. I think wherever we go next, or whatever platform,
- whatever we focus on, I think we're excited-- Come on Robin (walker), say it!
- We wanna know why -- No but as you said, the engine is now at a point where it's like, you can do this stuff now, right?
- "Yeah, the engine is ready now.
- I think it's like Robin
- says, we want to put this out
- and see how the world reacts to it
- before we make any concrete
- plans about what we do next."
- (snippet ends)