a guest Feb 19th, 2019 81 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Task 1
- The number of students who login to a randomly selected computer in a college computer lab
- follows a Poisson probability distribution with a mean of 19 students per day.
- a. Using the Poisson probability distribution formula, determine the probability that exactly 12 stu-
- dents will login to a randomly selected computer at this lab on a given day.
- b. Using the Poisson probability distribution table, determine the probability that the number of stu-
- dents who will login to a randomly selected computer at this lab on a given day is
- i. from 13 to 16
- ii. fewer than 8
- Task 2
- According to a Harris Interactive poll, 52% of American college graduates have Facebook accounts
- (http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/pubs/Harris_Poll_2009_04_16.pdf). Suppose that this result is true for the current population of American college graduates.
- a. Let x be a binomial random variable that denotes the number of American college graduates in
- a random sample of 15 who have Facebook accounts. What are the possible values that x can
- b. Find the probability that exactly 9 American college graduates in a sample of 15 have Face-
- book accounts.
RAW Paste Data