- Paul Street, "Imperial Joe," Hollow Resistance, (AK Press, 2020), p.138.
- Biden, it is worth recalling, didn’t merely go along with the
- march to illegal imperial war on Mesopotamia. He led the charge
- from the Democratic side of the U.S. Senate. This is consistent
- with a long imperialist Biden record that includes enthusiastic
- support for gigantic Pentagon budgets, the Carter and Reagan
- administration’s sponsorship of Islamic terrorism in Afghanistan,
- Ronald Reagan’s Central American proxy wars, George H.W.
- Bush’s Persian Gulf War, Bush senior and Bill Clinton’s mass
- murderous economic sanctions on Iraq, George W. Bush’s criminal
- invasion of Afghanistan, Barack Obama’s record-setting drone
- wars, Obama and Hillary Clinton’s support for a right-wing coup
- in Honduras, Obama’s destruction of Libya, and Obama’s sponsorship
- of a right-wing coup in Ukraine. Consistent with this
- imperial war-mongering record, Biden this summer criticized
- Trump for failing to follow through on threats to overthrow the
- democratically elected socialist government of Venezuela. Biden
- is naturally a militant backer of the apartheid and occupation
- state of Israel and its relentless torture of the Palestinian people.
RAW Paste Data Copied