a guest Apr 20th, 2019 113 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- 34233 <+lakitu> i was just starting to say, i just realized we should probably have software labeling, like USDA organic labels for food
- 234244 <+lakitu> good
- 234253 <+lakitu> e.g Privacy Hawk label
- 234303 <+lakitu> alike Fair Trade, etc etc etc
- 234517 <Fixion> why aren't pesticides natural?
- 234524 <+lakitu> there's already indie software
- 234557 <+lakitu> altho that's just ordinary speech, not what i'm talking about
- 234618 <+lakitu> are you asking me Fixion?
- 234742 <Fixion> yes well if the supernatural doesn't exist it would suggest everything else is natural..
- 235441 <+lakitu> we already have security certificates, but that's sort of like an ID card to prove you're you. i can think of several ethical issues that would be nice to be standardized for software, such as different privacy certifications, security certifications, ethical work standards
- 235510 <+lakitu> there's also free open source software, i won't pass over either
- 235550 <+lakitu> & the different forms of licensing
- 235815 <+lakitu> it would be nice to see warranties for support. Ubuntu does this
- 235900 <+lakitu> e.g if you invest your document corpus in our software we promise to be workable for at least 5/10 years, etc
- 235916 <+lakitu> thru different OS updates.
- 000041 Join: kblom(~firstname.lastname@example.org)
RAW Paste Data