a guest Feb 13th, 2018 58 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Trying to answer FHIR-I tracker items 13224, 13339 and 13348
- the working group suggested to outline all possible combinations and work out their meaning.
- The general rules we came to during the Mon Q2 session at WGM Jan 2018 were:
- 1. An element with a default value is considered to have that value if element is not present
- 2. An element without an element.value but with element.extension.count > 0 is NOT missing
- 3. An element with a default value is never a match for a search with modifier :missing=true, and IS a match for :missing=false
- 4. SUBSETTED and REDACTED tags:
- * SUBSETTED meaning: Elements have been withheld from the response in accordance with the clients request.
- * REDACTED meaning: Elements MAY have been withheld from the response and the client should not make assumptions about defaults (but server may act on the redacted value in the search)
- * Both tags could apply to the same response.
- 5. "Meaning when missing" applies when an element is missing: so there's no element.value, no default and no element.extension.
- The meaning when missing is not computable and can not be expected to be regarded in searches and invariants.
- 6. If the minimum cardinality > 0, a default value is not relevant.
RAW Paste Data