- Subject: [Mt.Gox] Account database compromised
- From: MtGox <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:24:52 +0000 (GMT)
- Dear Mt.Gox user,
- Our database has been compromised, including your email. We are working on a quick resolution and to begin with, your password has been disabled as a security measure (and you will need to reset it to login again on Mt.Gox).
- If you were using the same password on Mt.Gox and other places (email, etc), you should change this password as soon as possible.
- For more details, please see this:
- The informations there will be updated as our investigation progresses.
- Please accept our apologies for the troubles caused, and be certain we will do everything we can to keep the funds entrusted with us as secure as possible.
- The leaked data includes the following:
- - Account number
- - Account login
- - Email address
- - Encrypted password
- While the password is encrypted, it is possible to bruteforce most passwords with time, and it is likely bad people are working on this right now.
- Any unauthorized access done to any account you own (email, mtgox, etc) should be reported to the appropriate authorities in your country.
- The Mt.Gox team
a guest Jun 19th, 2011 5,063 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data