- REST - architectural approach for designing web services.
- Independent of underlying protocol, but usually use HTTP as application protocol
- It has:
- - a URI (resource)
- - uses a uniform interface for decoupling client and service
- For example when built on top of http, the same uri can be used with standard http operations like get/post/put..
- Stateless request model. Request should be independent from each other.
- Also, each request should be an atomic operation.
- (This enable web services to be scalable, because client and server do not need to retain information. Client request can go to any servers)
RAW Paste Data