- The following is a supplement to a post devoted to celebrity hacking, #TheFappening ring, and The Daily Capper predator ring, which can be found here:
- Clip for this transcript can be found on youtube:
- KEITH HUMPHRY
- The search for one of the nation's most wanted child predators ended in the woods behind a Campbell County church. Jimmy Lee Cook is in jail, facing federal charges of sexually exploiting minors. Cook is homeless, but authorities say that did not keep him from using the internet to entice minors. News-7's Tim Saunders in our Lynchburg newsroom with the details.
- TIM SAUNDERS
- Keith and Natasha [Ryan], Cook is accused of using a resource that's now available in many public places. Free wireless internet. Down a short path, just behind a church on Timberlake Road, sits a campsite. Investigators say this was home to Jimmy Lee Cook.
- ROBERT NEW (INVESTIGATOR CAMPBELL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE)
- I can say this is the first time I ever searched a tent, in the woods, for child pornography.
- Robert New and the Central Virginia Computer Crimes Task Force got a tip from federal authorities. They heard Cook was contacting young girls in chat rooms designed for children, like Tiny Chat. New says investigators found more than thirty explicit videos in Cook's campsite, stored in a Cheerio's box.
- He had a lot of child porn. He had a very detailed process on how he collected it.
- Investigators say Cook's location played a big part in his crime. His campsite was just feet away from a library and three restaurants that offer free wireless internet.
- CHRIS SMITH (INVESTIGATOR CENTRAL VIRGINA COMPUTER CRIME TASK FORCE)
- All you got to do is pull up, in his case on his bicycle, open his laptop, and hook up to the internet.
- Smith believes Cook used free wi-fi to contact more than twenty-five victims in the US, Canada, and possibly Europe. In court documents, a twelve year old girl reports that Cook asked her, repeatedly, to upload pornographic videos of herself on youtube.
- This individual had a plan and he had no home, but he had the ability to get on the intrnet through these wi-fi hotspots.
- Now, investigators are still trying to identify and locate victims who may have been involved in this crime. We posted a list of screen names at WDBJ7.com [list no longer extant] that authorities say were used by Cook on-line. Investigators want you to look at that list, and contact them if any of the names look familiar. In the Lynchburg newsroom tonight, I'm Tim Saunders.
WDBJ-7 Clip of Jimmy Lee Cook's Arrest
italkyoubored Mar 8th, 2015 (edited) 412 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data