- Hi folks,
- I'm a homeowner on XXXXX Street, and I'm writing to complain -- once again -- about notorious slumlord XXXXXXXXXX / XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
- For over a week now, there's been a massive pile of broken furniture in front of 39 XXXXX Street, spilling out into the road and making the neighbourhood look like a ghetto. This happens multiple times yearly when his tenants abandon houses or get evicted, and EVERY SINGLE TIME, huge piles of garbage are left to rot in the street.
- In addition to the massive pile of rat-infested furniture, the slumlord has also decided to place an old rotting deck, a bucket of broken glass, several beer bottles, and a few bags of trash on the roof of 39 XXXXX Street.
- On the ROOF. You can see it from XXXXXXXXXXXXX.
- After detaching the deck from the rooftop, he walled off the door, cutting off access and preventing the deck's removal. It looks like XXXXX intends to let the deck and the garbage rot on his roof until a storm blows it off, potentially killing a member of my household.
- Council has been talking about getting tough on slum landlords; the XXXXX Street area is a shitty, needle-littered dump and it's specifically because people like XXXXXXXXXX own half the houses in the neighbourhood. Maybe you guys could do some of that cracking down you're talking about?
- I eagerly await your reply.