a guest Apr 19th, 2019 65 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- O B L I V I O N | O R D E R O F T H E V O I D
- - SUBJECT: Storyline
- - AUTHOR: Order Directive
- - IMPORTANCE: High
- - TO: Order Personnel
- - SECURITY LEVEL: Low
- - DATE: 4/18/2019
- Φ SETTING
- Taking place during 40XX according to the standard grid calendar, the theme is one of interplanetary warfare, strife on a solar scale, and a war of resources, attrition, creeds, or simply for mindless blood lust, but a split galaxy nonetheless.
- We translate the grid into planets and solar systems spread amongst our galaxy. We answer for modern factions by claiming they are the deluded, splintered remnants of their ancestors who made planet fall and lost or regressed their technology level.
- Our enemies may arrive by portal technology, space ship, or by being guerrillas on the planet long before our arrival. Typically we explain their raids as simple, small scale attacks on our
- Installations either to claim what we have, expand their borders, or probe our defenses. We may communicate, trade or operate with these factions by making planet fall at their homes, or in most cases, strike first, obtain any valuable resources, then break their planet if deemed a threat.
- Φ BACKGROUND
- Oblivion, Order of The Void, a legendary and ancient organization, operates as a near-cult war machine filled with old age brother-warriors, artisans, and philosophers.
- Traditional and humanist, but strong believers in adapting without compromising the human spirit, honor, and camaraderie regardless of the task at hand. What must be done will be done.
- Followers of the great void serpent, they seek to devour the galaxy of its knowledge and sins, leaving nothing behind but oblivion. They are an ancient order veiled in secrecy, fighting to free humanity from its scattered state, converging all worthy onto the path of the void.
- Φ THE STORY SO FAR
- There once was a great void serpent that went world to world, devouring each. The great serpent then encircled the earth, gazing down upon man. It became envious of its prey, toiling below. Disguising itself among the people, the serpent found futility and war. Despite their ignorance, the serpent loved humanity, devouring their knowledge and sins before returning to the void. The serpent spared our world from oblivion, and to this day we offer tribute to the void for its mercy. Under our banner and order, we follow the path of the void. We are Oblivion.
- Φ THE OBJECTIVE
- The order has always had a mysterious directive that is kept from peering eyes, loyalists carrying out their instructions without question or waver, for this is the path they have chosen.
- A teaching culture exists within the order, to educate its members with stories and experiences of the old times, and the cataclysms of the past, along with battle, political, and thinking knowledge to help them better serve it.
- Unity is also of dire importance to the order to ensure that all may integrate peacefully. Only those that are worthy may follow the path, and those that do not fall in line will be removed.
- Φ YOUR STORY
- You are either chosen to walk the path of the void, a survivor of past wars looking for sanctuary, a mercenary, cultist, or you defected from one of the many larger factions vying for control. You seek the knowledge and history that drive the order, while integrating into the most elite society in the galaxy, becoming an acolyte of Oblivion, helping spread our influence. No matter the case, your loyalty and resolve must be absolute going forward. Will you have what it takes to devour worlds in the name of the order?
RAW Paste Data