a guest May 25th, 2019 93 in 62 days
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- (1:03:55 AM) Taetarthe: So... I was reading through the wikipedia page of water.
- (1:04:49 AM) Taetarthe: And the line "which is the main constituent of Earth's streams, lakes, and oceans, and the fluids of most living organisms." really concerns me
- (1:05:00 AM) Taetarthe: most
- (1:05:23 AM) edgy: What?
- (1:05:28 AM) bladez [email@example.com] entered the room.
- (1:05:37 AM) Taetarthe: .... What living organisms don't have water as the main constituent fluid?
- (1:06:09 AM) Taetarthe: Moreover, what fluid Do those said organisms have?
- (1:06:33 AM) Taetarthe: ... I'm greatly concerned here at the lack of citation on this particular line.
- (1:06:49 AM) guescat8: Bacteria, maybe, Taetarthe.
- (1:07:51 AM) edgy: That statement is probably supposed to imply that a the bodies of most organism are, to a huge percentage water.
- (1:08:28 AM) stonecold left the room (quit: Remote host closed the connection).
- (1:08:29 AM) Taetarthe: It's stating that water is the main constituent of most living organisms, but it doesn't clarify how they're measuring most.
- (1:08:57 AM) Taetarthe: Like, by number, mass, volume?
- (1:09:17 AM) edgy: On average, the body of an adult human being is 60% water, most of which is contained in the cells, which need water to live.
- (1:09:38 AM) edgy: Just Googled 'human body 70% water' and got that as the first hit on Google.
- (1:09:44 AM) edgy: Dunno how they measure.
- (1:09:49 AM) Taetarthe: Yes, but what living organism doesn't have water as the main constituent fluid?
- (1:10:03 AM) guescat8: Bacteria. I JUST SAID.
- (1:10:10 AM) Taetarthe: Which bacteria?
- (1:10:20 AM) guescat8: All bacteria.
- (1:10:30 AM) guescat8: Bacteria does not consist of water at all, yet is a living organism.
- (1:10:37 AM) guescat8: Sometimes it needs water to spread; that's it.
- (1:10:47 AM) edgy: Dunno, some probably have 10% of their body mass as water which means it's not much compared to those that have 70% as their body water?
- (1:10:57 AM) Taetarthe: There's a problem with that assessment. Bacteria's main constituent fluid is what?
- (1:11:36 AM) guescat8: I don't think bacteria has a "main consistent fluid". It doesn't need to have fluid to survive, like we do.
- (1:12:06 AM) tibbitz: lol, wtf do you think cytoplasm and the fluid inside organelles is guescat8
- (1:12:14 AM) JohnDerp left the room (quit: Quit: Leaving).
- (1:12:15 AM) tibbitz: air?
- (1:12:21 AM) tibbitz: Lol
- (1:12:29 AM) guescat8: Cytoplasm isn't really a fluid.
- (1:12:34 AM) edgy: Yes, and the other word is "the main constituent fluid"
- (1:12:51 AM) guescat8: Also, we're not talking about organelles. We are talking about single-celled bacteria.
- (1:12:54 AM) tibbitz: lol it's mostly water, and the fluid inside organelles is mostly water
- (1:13:16 AM) tibbitz: paramecia are mostly water lol
- (1:13:19 AM) Taetarthe: ... the main constituent... fluids of most living organisms.
- (1:13:27 AM) tibbitz: you are a fucking idiot
- (1:13:48 AM) tibbitz: And are too stupid to realize it
- (1:13:58 AM) edgy: There are other fluids in a human body, probably other than water
- (1:14:09 AM) edgy: But, water is the main constituent?
- (1:14:11 AM) edgy: Dunno
- (1:14:29 AM) Taetarthe: I am not aware of any living organism which would contain any fluid which would contain another main contituent fluid other than water, at least off the top of my head.
- (1:14:53 AM) edgy: Whatever
- (1:15:16 AM) SuspiciousPizza [~Suspiciou@Rizon-DADC16F8.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] entered the room.
- (1:15:27 AM) guescat8: Yeah, you're actually right, tibbitz. I was mostly guessing that it would be single-celled bacteria.
- (1:16:06 AM) Taetarthe: This wikipedia article needs revising or citation to fix or clarify the use of the word "most"
- (1:16:20 AM) tibbitz: guescat8: wtf are you even trying to say. How do you think osmoregulation in cells works you retard
- (1:16:34 AM) guescat8: Mostly since I can't think of any other living organism in which it would make since that it's not highly composed of water.
- (1:16:58 AM) guescat8: tibbitz, I have no clue, to be honest.
- (1:17:59 AM) tibbitz: hint, it involves water, lol
RAW Paste Data