- Dear friends.. let's have a talk.
- It's the year 2013 by now, but it feels more like Orwell's 1984.
- First of all, we would like to thank you for your continued support over the years.
- We had some great fun together and we sure raised some awareness for privacy, corrupt governments and such.
- But this is not enough. There's still a long way to go on these issues.
- You may not realize, but there's a shitload of people out there who are fighting for your rights, every night and day.
- But some of them are getting tired of it and some even quit, because they don't have the feeling that their message is coming through.
- And there's also some who will spend a long time in prison for bringing you the truth and showing you what's really going on in this world.
- People exposing war crimes are being held in prison. And most of you don't seem to give a single fuck about it.
- The fundamental human rights of life, liberty, privacy, freedom of speech.. Do these things mean anything to you?
- Do you *really* think that our politicians are doing the best for all of us? Do you even know what they are doing?
- Do you *really* believe that so called terrorists from some country with lots of oil are the most serious threat to your life?
- Do you *really* think that the only way to live in peace and harmony is to have CCTVs on every corner of the street?
- Do you *really* want some computer to define whether you behave "normally" or whether you're a potential terrorist?
- Did you know that there are government agencies who create and fund terrorist groups in their own country which they then try to fight?
- We often get asked "So, you're those Anonymous guys, huh? How are you gonna change the world?"
- The answer is, we won't. Changing the whole world is not our business. We are not your almighty saviors or some kind of superheros.
- We're your student, your taxi driver, your girl next door. You wouldn't notice anything strange about us, would you?
- But there's more about us, there's something you don't know.
- We are the ones that live in the shadows. Every now and then we step out into the light to remind you that we're still there.
- We keep the things behind the scenes running for the "real revolutionaries" out there.
- And by "real revolutionaries" we mean you! Yes, YOU! The very person that is reading this tweet right now!
- No matter if you want to, you are a part of this whole thing. And if you want something done, you have to get up.
- Stand up and raise your voice and change the world, if you want to. You can do it. Damn no, you HAVE to do it!
- It is your duty as a human being to do everything you can to make this world a better place for all of us.
- And we, Anonymous, will stand behind you and provide you with anything you need for your fight. Just ask.
- And if you don't feel like being a "real revolutionary".. Hell, join us in the shadows! Grab your mask and cape and raise havoc!
- Or help us provide safe havens for people who want to share their independet thoughts without the fear of surveillance.
- Anyway, your will is free and it's up to you to choose what role you wanna play in this game.
- If you just want to watch and let things happen the way they do, that's just fine with us. But don't bitch at anyone for not saving you!
- If you want to join us you are free to do so, we will be glad to welcome you. But remember: We are not your personal army!
- If you want to join some other activist group, please do it. But focus on your common goals and don't waste any time fighting yourselves!
- There's already way too much drama going on and no, it's not worth it. Just learn to deal with people being different, they will always be.
- We see so much talent being wasted, because people can't hold back their egos. Remember: After all, we are all alike!
- And if you really got some balls down your pants then get the hell out on the streets and show them what a revolution looks like!
- It's the year 2013 and don't you think this is a good year to get your lazy ass up and start saving the world?
- It won't be done by the end of the year, and also not by the end of next year. Change always takes some time.
- But if you don't even start you've already lost. Yes, some will fight no matter what, but without your support they won't succeed.
- So we call out for every single one of you. You are not alone, there's many like you. Let's make our dreams come true!
- We are waiting for you. In the shadows. If you dare.
- Thank you for your attention.
- Yours sincerely,
a guest Jan 2nd, 2013 1,130 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data