- Rance Quest Magnum 2.050 Partial Interface Translation Patch - July 18th, 2012 Version 1.3.2
- What's included in this patch?
- 1. ランス・クエスト.ain - Contains almost all dialogue, text, names, events, etc. in the game.
- 2. ランス・クエストAFF.afa - Contains animations with filenames translated by the above file. Without this, animations will not play.
- 3. ランス・クエスト追加CG.afa - Contains CG for the 2.05 update. NOTE: You do not need this for a fresh install, ONLY if you are upgrading from a previous version such as 2.01. If you ran the 2.05 updater before you looked for this patch, you don't need to add this file since you already have it.
- 4. Version.txt - A text file that determines the version number of your game. It's included for completeness, but you don't really need it.
- What's translated so far?
- Character, Monster, and Speaker Names.
- Quest Names and descriptions.
- Skills (some were skipped since they aren't in the game)
- Item Names and Descriptions
- Shop text
- A little bit of combat text.
- Some speech bubbles (in-quest).
- Most of Quest 107 and Mt. Hakkoda.
- Almost all choices.
- Some of the information log.
- What's left:
- Almost all quests and dialogue. Some is translated here and there.
- Graphics and buttons. (Please help if you know how to do this ;_;)
- How do I install it?
- **If you haven't already, install the Magnum/2.01 patches first.**
- 1. Download this archive and extract it some where: http://www.mediafire.com/?7lgpv4rhnk3lty5
- 2. Open up your Rance Quest install folder, located at C:\Program Files\AliceSoft\RanceQuest.
- 3. BACK UP YOUR CURRENT ランス・クエスト.ain FILE. This is in case anything goes wrong somehow.
- 4. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\AliceSoft\ランス・クエスト and back up the "SaveData" folder. This is in case anything goes wrong somehow. You don't need to do this if you haven't played the game yet.
- 5. Take the new ランス・クエスト.ain file and move it into your install directory. It should not overwrite anything since you backed up the old one.
- 6. Move the other files into the same folder. You should now have all of the files in the install directory.
- 7. Start the game, and enjoy Rance Quest Magnum!
- Helpful links and tips for playing Rance Quest
- This page gives a basic walkthrough for each quest.
- This page tells you how to get each character and recommends skills and such for each one.
- From the old patch link:
- >Notes on the game itself.
- > Rance Quest is pretty forgiving. It saves after every quest. You can redo anything and >change the outcome so don't worry about screwing anything up. This means you can play the >game now if you want and go back to see something new translated at any time. You can reset >skills later using a purchased item, and almost all characters will be 'reincarnated' and >have them reset once anyway. There are also a ridiculous amount of characters so you can >experiment with different set ups.
- > Quests give you points which increase your charisma level, which is shown at the bottom >beside your gold. You can change members in dungeons as many times as you have charisma.
- > Items are found in chests. Red chests are trapped, yellow aren't. Rangers (ninja) have a >skill to bypass the trap. Items are kept separate until you complete the quest or use the
- >green escape exit. Then you can pay to identify anything that isn't. Identified items you >keep, rest you lose. Red tinted unidentified items are rare.
- If all else fails, ask Rance General.
- Credit for much of the text and the foundation for this patch goes to the original patch maker, who remains anonymous. The old pastebin can be found here.
- Please post any errors and/or inaccuracies in the general thread, and tell me how to fix them if possible. I know for a fact some names are incorrect and other things might be messed up. The community has always been the driving force behind Rance translations, so be a part of history and help us hopeless gaijins play our chinese rape simulators.
a guest Jul 18th, 2012 12,062 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data