- So you wanna be a Writefag.
- You’ve been bitten by the writing bug when you were attending a public writing workshop. Later that night, your uncle calls you to tell you, “With great inspiration, comes great stories.”
- [spoiler]Shut up, I’m making a point[/spoiler]
- You have a good time with writing your stories. Put your blood, sweat, and tears into a story. You decide to post it in a various thread to get some feedback.
- Just one problem: No takers.
- You wonder if you should even bother writing; you decide to quit and move on to something else.
- This thread is for the new found writefags who just need some feedback, to improve on your writing skill and get a laugh or two.
- There are some rules however:
- -One story at a time.
- If you see someone posting a story, simply wait until they’re done, maybe even offer some thoughts on the story afterward. People posting stories at the same time will just make a mess of things.
- -Don’t be a dick, or an asshole when critiquing.
- Say a story wasn’t good, you didn’t care for it, and thought it was cheesy, whatever. You can tell the writer that without resorting to insults. Be honest, let them know where they went wrong, and what they could do to improve. No need for condescending tones, the only drama that is in the thread should be in stories.
- -Do not post as you go along with your story, it should’ve already been prewritten.
- Keeps from wasting time.
- This thread’s purpose is to encourage writefags all over /mlp/ to write. We’re laid back here. Post what you want as long as its pone related. We’re not all “STOREEEYS ONLY!” We discuss topics such as writing techniques, interesting tropes, and bring forth story ideas. Let’s have fun.
- Things you’ll need as a writefag:
- A pastebin account (Recommended but optional. Its free, I suggest getting one if you haven’t already.)
- A Thesaurus, Thesaurus is best Dinosaur.
- Thick skin (some people are brutally honest.)
- >”Oi! Got any useful links for me? I’m shit at writing, but I like writing.”
- Yes, yes we do.
- Things you should know about before writing clop:
- Vhatug's tips for anatomically correct clop and squash soup: http://pastebin.com/g4VpEg4f
- http://www.literotica.com/s/erotic-synonyms (Because using dick, balls, and pussy just isn’t enough to get the reader off. Remember, the reader cums first.)
- [spoiler]Had to. Puns are awesome.[/spoiler]
- Things you should know about writing:
- Clever's Tips on How to Write Short Stories: http://pastebin.com/GGBkxi7e
- How to into writing: http://pastebin.com/V1ujiyJt
- Writing rules from Navarone: http://pastebin.com/bnMmZ2T3
- Ezn's Guide to writing Fanfiction: http://eznguide.neocities.org/
- Writing Book for beginners: https://mega.co.nz/#F!pwo21SKA!dIjqCUmOhkwLX3x9_ApEgQ
- Help for creating OC characters: http://rakushasu.deviantart.com/art/Creating-realistic-characters-200046074
- (More links to come)
- Lists of authors from different threads should you seek inspiration from their stories:
- Flutterrape general’s writers: http://pastebin.com/eG8iY7Wy
- Active AiE general writers: http://pastebin.com/mVG33ERX
- PiE general’s writers: http://pastebin.com/Mgd0QuNy
- There are tons of authors from other threads, more will be added later.
- >”How do I cure my writer’s block?”
- >”FUCK YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION!”
- There’s no one way cure to it, but if you can’t write, you may as well read stories. There’s more to writing than writing, there’s reading too, and that helps. Check some of the links above.
- Try the following (Keep in mind this won’t work for everyone):
- -Figure out when it’s the best time for you to write.
- -Fap then write*
- -Write anyway, allow yourself to write shitty stories, more often than not, the block is the fear of it being bad. That’s what editing is for.
- -Seriously, drink coffee. It’s a writer’s best friend.
- -Listen to music while writing.
- *Unless you’re writing clop, listen to your boner.
- About Generals
- So it has come to our attention that people are avoiding the generals not only because they don’t like what they are about, but because they have no idea what they are about in the first place. So here is a short summary of some of the more major generals.
- FR: Flutterrape. Contrary to what the name implies, this is not a general about Fluttershy trying to rape the ponies. It is about all the ponies, and various others, trying to get into the pants of Anon. The stories found here are mostly light-hearted and comedic, but at times it can get pretty sexy or serious depending on whom you read. For a story to qualify here, it must involve one of the ponies -trying- to get in Anon’s pants in some way. SEX NOT REQUIRED!
- AiE: Anon in Equestria. Sometimes considered the older, more uptight, sister to FR, AiE is a general based around exactly what the name says. The only real restriction for the general is that it involves Anon in Equestria is some way, literally what the name says. Not really much else to explain really.
- PiE: Ponies in Earth. Much like AiE, the name really explains everything. All one must do to qualify for this thread is to take the ponies and put them on Earth. What they do there is up to the writer, but they must be on Earth for it to qualify for the general. This general does not require Anon in any way.
- EQG: Equestria Girls. This one differs from the others in so far in that it takes place in Equestrian Girl Earth. This is the other general that does not require Anon in any way. All stories here are only based in EQG world and must have some relation to it in some way.
- [spoiler]If there are more generals that should be added then please inform us and we will add them to this secondary post so that all Anon’s can be better informed.[/spoiler]
So you wanna be a writefag general OP
WritersAnonymous Jan 3rd, 2015 448 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data