a guest Mar 24th, 2019 49 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- faceware camera continues to face delays, might be canceled outright
- supposedly CIG created a wing of the company to handle manufacturing and distribution of the camera
- faceware engineers helped create the code for the first big reveal
- 12+ months of continued support on their end when they were supposed to help for six
- some contention over payments due 3lateral / faceware (same company btw)
- friction over potential losses if camera is canceled with new owners (epic bought 3lat earlier this year)
- losses / lost payments total "tens of millions"
- would have to sell "many units" to break even on camera
- "low priority" for CIG and Epic, as numbers of potential sales look low / dire
- "It was a passing fad used as a content patch. No one here thinks it's still happening."
- if there's no agreement met with current issues, 3lat can stop any and all mocap footage using their rigs / technology from appearing in SC
RAW Paste Data