a guest Apr 21st, 2017 44 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Nick: JonBons
- Age: 22
- Location: Oklahoma
- Hi Dslyecxi, I'm JonBons! I'm a software developer with an strong interest in filling all my free time with hours of gaming.
- I've been playing ARMA since ARMED ASSUAULT which I picked up due to a couple youtube channels producing content that interested me.
- But due to my current hardware at the time I played mostly singleplayer while messing around with the Warfare gamemode and just creating scenarios to fly/mess around in.
- I roamed around public servers for a while and eventually landed on my first organized ARMA 2 group, The Art of Warfare.
- And it was a great experience that taught me a lot about the community aspect of ARMA and the trials and tribulations of being involved in the leadership aspect of these groups.
- I stayed at TAW for three years, growing skills that helped my career and made me a better person.
- While I was involved with TAW I got introduced to a couple key people that eventually led me to missing making and scripting who eventually brought me in after the departure of their current sysadmin.
- It was then that I got heavily involved with the leadership and the server backend aspect of an ARMA group and it taught me a lot.
- At some point I decided that I wanted a more serious but fun experience in ARMA and it led me to step down as sysadmin and began searching and eventually landed at Bourbon Warfare and met a couple awesome people a long the way.
- One of their members that I grew close with felt like the community element was lacking and decided to found a new group with a concept like ShackTactical, he asked me and some others to help with certain aspects of starting the group and its where I've stayed for the last two years.
- Through Signal Community I was able to build some strong friendships that extended outside of ARMA with other games and lots and lots of tv show/movie watching (seriously, Stargate SG1 takes forever to finish) but all that has come to an end.
- The administration has decided we can't maintain the current state of things and that we'll be closing our doors soon.
- And that leads me to sending this application, I'm looking for a new community to get involved with and I feel ShackTac would be a good fit for the type of community and play-style I'm looking for.
- I know you get this from a lot of people but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate what you've done for the ARMA community through your youtube channel and through ShackTac's modding efforts.
- If you want to check it out I have my GitHub where I've posted some of the projects I've done for ARMA and I also have a YouTube channel where I post ARMA videos and other misc things that interest me.
- Thanks for considering my application,
RAW Paste Data