hwhadvs Sep 16th, 2016 4,599,550 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- This comment has been overwritten by this open source script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/10380-reddit-overwrite
- Overwriting works to protect user privacy in two ways...
- 1. The Reddit database does not physically delete a comment when you click delete, but since it also does not store each version of an edited comment, then this overwrite acts as a more effective delete function.
- 2. While there are 3rd party websites that archive Reddit comment threads, they are not efficient, reliable, nor presumably persistent. Most importantly, they do not allow the easy browsing of a users comment history.
- Reddit has seen a sharp increase in doxxing, stalking, harassment, and censorship recently, and this script attempts to protect users while also advising other users of the danger.
- ***If you would like to run this script, first install one of these scripting plugins***
- Chrome extension: TamperMonkey - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo
- Firefox extension: GreaseMonkey - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/
- ...then go to the script page: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/10380-reddit-overwrite ...and click "Add script".
- Finally, to actually overwrite your comments, simply click on your username on Reddit, go to the comments tab, scroll down as far as possible (hint: use RES: http://www.redditenhancementsuite.com), and hit the new OVERWRITE button at the top.
- If you would like to contribute to the improvement of this script, please leave feedback on the Greasyfork page here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/10380-reddit-overwrite/feedback
RAW Paste Data