Responsible Disclosure of DCI - MIT, DAGlabs, et. al
a guest Sep 12th, 2017 3,277 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Responsible Disclosure includes:
- Ethan Heilman - Ethan notes he's affiliated with The Paragon Foundation (see below) and founder of Commonwealth Crypto Inc. TumbleBit contributor, a proposed second-layer solution for Bitcoin designed to assist scaling and anonymity/fungibility, also requires a "trivial" fee to do so.
- The Paragon Foundation a.k.a. DAGLabs
- DAG Labs, formerly Paragon Foundation, is presently developing their own Directed Acyclic Graph, a direct competitor to IOTA.
- DAGLabs' solution relies on tech they call SPECTRE.
- DAGLabs is in the middle of acquiring Series A funding.
- Neha Narula - Digital Currency Initiative - MIT, proponent of industry-backed university projects. DCI - MIT is actively contributing to Lightning Network development as a scaling solution for Bitcoin using Directed Graph with "trivial" fees involved - a direct competitor to IOTA and its feeless Directed Acyclic Graph solution. Neha recruiting Lightning developers at Amy Castor's meetup below.
- Tadge Dryja - Lightning Network co-founder, additional work creating a smart contract solution for Bitcoin.
- Tadge presenting Directed Graph with Lightning Network below.
- Madars Virza - Co-creator of Zerocash and current Zcash Science Adviser. Zcash science advisers dropped a vulnerability report this year, one hour before a planned Monero hard fork, successfully refuted by Ricardo Spagni and co. See below, weaponized academia in action.
- Amy Castor - Writer for CoinDesk, Barry Silbert's Digital Currency Group (DCG) owned cryptocurrency blog. DCG is staked in Zcash, among other investments (see below). Castor is also the organizer and host of a regular Cambridge blockchain meetup at MIT where 3 of her 4 guest speakers to date include none other than Neha Narula, Tadge Dryja, and Ethan Heilman, members of Neha's DCI - MIT group.
- Neha featured at Castor's meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Cambridge-Blockchain/events/240576842/
- Tadge featured at Castor's meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Cambridge-Blockchain/events/241987509/
- Ethan featured at Castor's meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Cambridge-Blockchain/events/242587154/
- Amy's also written an extensive feature on how to acquire Zcash.
- Castor's latest tweet aims to further perpetuate her dubious intentions behind such a campaign; using an anonymous anecdotal source which fails to provide any evidence, additionally failing to acknowledge the high plausibility that any Slack user may simply impersonate another user by changing usernames with minimal effort.
- DCG ownership and crypto-investments include: Zcash, Ripple, Rootstock, and etc.
- Matt Green - Co-creator of Zerocash with Madars Virza and current science adviser for Zcash alongside Virza. Matt involved himself initially in this tweet.
- Meltem Demirors - Director at DCG: recently involved herself by tweeting this ominous message.
- Be critical when reviewing literature and be aware of author involvements, supporting colleagues, and their respect for ethical practice and reporting.
RAW Paste Data