Be a leader at OWS
- How to be a leader at OWS:
- (1) Start an open collective, affinity group, Working Group, whatever.
- (2) Be open, inviting, non-exclusionary.
- (3) Build consensus. Slowly, or quickly, but intentionally.
- (4) Don't talk shit.
- (5) Listen a lot.
- (6) Don't expect fame or glory. If you're doing things right, you won't get it. If you do, you won't like it.
- (7) When you get frustrated, take a break. Leave town for a few days. Don't burn out.
- (8) Don't speak for the movement, speak WITH it.
- (9) Make your intentions absolutely clear. And your actions. Report-back often to your group and to the broader community (GA).
- (10) Have fun. Laugh. Don't take yourself too seriously.
RAW Paste Data