a guest Feb 19th, 2019 91 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Citing from : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_violence_against_LGBT_people_in_the_United_States#1969%E2%80%931979, only with citations.
- - June 28, 1969 – Police, in the early morning hours, raided a gay bar, the Stonewall Inn, located in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. This event sparked the Stonewall riots, which were a series of demonstrations by members of the LGBT community.
- - March 9, 1969  – Howard Efland, a gay man who had checked into the Dover Hotel in Los Angeles, under the pseudonym J. McCann, was beaten to death by officers of the Los Angeles Police Department.
- - June 24, 1973 – An arsonist burned the Upstairs Lounge, a gay bar in New Orleans, killing 32 people.
- - June 21, 1977 – Robert Hillsborough was stabbed to death in San Francisco by a man shouting "faggot".
- - July 5, 1978 – A gang of youths armed with baseball bats and tree branches assaulted several men in an area of Central Park in New York City that was known to be frequented by homosexuals. The victims were assaulted at random, but the assailants later confessed that they had deliberately set out to the park to attack homosexuals. One of those injured was former figure skater Dick Button, who was assaulted while watching a fireworks display in the park.
- - November 27, 1978 – Openly gay San Francisco city supervisor Harvey Milk, along with Mayor George Moscone, was assassinated by political rival Dan White at San Francisco City Hall. Outrage over the assassinations and the short sentence given to White (seven years) prompted the White Night riots.
- - January 1979 – Tennessee Williams was beaten by five teenage boys in Key West. He escaped serious injury. The episode was part of a spate of anti-gay violence inspired by an anti-gay newspaper ad run by a local Baptist minister.
- - June 5, 1979 – Terry Knudsen was beaten to death by three men in Loring Park in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- - September 7, 1979 – Robert Allen Taylor was stabbed to death near Loring Park in Minneapolis. A local reporter interviewed the murderer from jail and was told, "I don't like gays. Okay?"
- - October 7, 1979 – 17-year-old Steven Charles of Newark, New Jersey, was beaten to death in New York City by Robert DeLicio, Costabile "Gus" Farace, Farace's cousin Mark Granato, and David Spoto. They also beat Charles' friend, 16-year-old Thomas Moore of Brooklyn. Moore was critically injured but managed to get help at a nearby residence. Moore identified the four men via a lineup four days after the incident. Farace, the leader of the attack, pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter and was paroled after eight years, in 1988. He himself was murdered on November 17, 1989. 
- Compared to last year :
- - January 2, 2018 - Blaze Bernstein, an openly gay Jewish college student, was stabbed more than 20 times. Samuel Woodward, an avowed neo-Nazi and member of the group Atomwaffen Division, was charged with his murder.
- - March 7, 2018 - Ta'Ron 'Rio' Carson, a gay man, was fatally shot as he left the Aura nightclub in Kansas City, Missouri.
- - March 23, 2018- Jared Jacobs was killed after a man drove a car at high speed into a gay. Another man was taken to an area hospital with injuries to his right leg and torso. Cordale Robinson, a 25-year-old man, was taken into custody after police arrived on the scene. Robinson has been charged with murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
- - March 28, 2018 - Amia Tyrae, a black transgender woman, was found dead in a motel room in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with multiple gunshot wounds. Nevaa White, a friend of Tyrae's, said that Tyrae had lived her life as an openly trans woman since 2009. White also said Tyrae was bullied and "didn't have an easy life.[dead link]
- Amount of people who identify as LGBT from 2012 to 2017, in other words more people being comfortable with coming out:
- All of the states legalizing same-sex marriage, cited from : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_the_United_States
- Note that none of these legalizations are older than 12 years old.
RAW Paste Data