[L5R 4e] Mounted Combat Houserules
Lord_Specineff13 Mar 17th, 2017 (edited) 70 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Mounted Combat
- When riding a steed, a character gains the following benefits:
- - Use the mount's Water Ring instead of their own for movement.
- - Gain +1k0 on melee attack rolls against unmounted characters, but cannot use the Full Attack stance unless they have Horsemanship 3 or higher.
- - May use their mount's natural weapons, making the attack roll using their Horsemanship skill and their mount's traits.
- - May perform some Athletics-based tasks, also using the Horsemanship skill and their mount's traits.
- Steeds under a character's control:
- - Do not have their own initiative, stance or actions.
- - If their rider uses the Defense or Full Defense stances, the mount's Armor TN is increased by the same amount gained by their rider.
- - If the rider uses the Full Attack stance, the mounts's Armor TN is also decreased by -10 and gains +2k1 on its natural attacks.
- Rokugani ponies are the steed of choice for long distance travel and transportation, while Unicorn Riding Horses are a larger breed used for combat. Despite the name of the breed, various Clans also have Unicorn Riding Horses, but Utaku Steeds remain solely the possession of the Battle Maidens.
- Riders can be forcibly dismounted from their steeds by initiating a Grapple and then Throwing them on your next turn, or succeeding at a Knockdown maneuver on the rider (using two Raises).
RAW Paste Data