Tags for LANCER
Magicgents Jul 17th, 2019 383 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Weapon Tags
- • Pilot (size): A pilot-scale weapon
- • Auxiliary (size): The smallest weapon size for mechs, can be fired if another weapon on the same mount is fired but can’t benefit from bonus damage if fired this way.
- • Main (size): A normal sized weapon.
- • Heavy (size): A large sized weapon.
- • Superheavy (size): A very large, usually special-class weapon. Superheavy weapons take a heavy mount and any other mount, can only be fired as part of a barrage action, and can’t be used for overwatch attacks as a result.
- • Type - All mech weapons have a type, which can be one of the following: CQB, Rifle, Launcher, Cannon, Melee, Nexus.
- • Damage type: All weapons deal Explosive, Kinetic, or Energy damage
- • Heat (Target): this tag indicates a weapon or system that deals additional Heat on hit to its target.
- • Blast (x) is an area with radius of X space from a target space within line of sight and the specified range. Trace cover and line of sight from its origin space. Make separate attacks for each target caught in the area but one damage roll.
- • Burst (x) is an area of a radius of x spaces around the character making the action or attack, including the character itself. Trace cover from its origin point. Make separate attacks for each target caught in the area but one damage roll.
- • Cone (x) is a cone x spaces wide at its longest end, 1 space at its shortest end, and x spaces long, with its short end adjacent to the attacker. Make separate attacks for each target caught in the area but one damage roll.
- • Line (x) is a straight line x squares long, drawn from the attacker. Attacks all targets in the area. Make separate attacks for each target caught in the area but one damage roll.
- • Armor Piercing (AP) - The damage from this weapon ignores armor
- • Accurate - This weapon attacks with +1 Accuracy
- • Arcing - This weapon ignores line of sight as long as it can trace a path to its target, but still takes cover into account. Arcing weapons typically lob projectiles in an arc.
- • Burn X - On hit, this weapon applies X burn to a target. A target takes damage equal to the burn applied immediately, ignoring armor, then marks down X burn, stacking with any other burn marked down. At the end of its turn, an affected target can pass an engineering skill check at the end of its turn to clear all burn on it, otherwise it takes damage equal to its total current burn.
- • Heat X (self) - This weapon inflicts X heat on its wielder immediately after firing
- • Inaccurate - This weapon attacks with +1 Difficulty
- • Knockback X - On hit, you may knock back a target X spaces in a straight line directly away from the point of origin (unless specified, this is your mech). Knockback is additive, so an attack that gains knockback 1 from a weapon and knockback 1 from a talent would knock a target back 2 spaces.
- • Loading - indicates that a weapon must be reloaded before being used again. Weapons can be reloaded by the Stabilize actions or some systems.
- • Reliable X - This weapon always does X damage, even if it misses its target or rolls lower damage. It has some degree of self-correction or is simply powerful enough that even a glancing blow will cause damage.
- • Overkill- When attacking with this weapon, if any of the final damage dice come up as ‘1’, take 1 heat, pick them up, and re-roll them. This process can repeat if you keep rolling ‘1’s.
- • Ordnance - Ordnance weapons must be fired before taking any other action or movement on a turn other than protocols (you can still act and move normally afterwards). In addition, ordnance weapons are cumbersome. They cannot be used against targets in engagement with your mech, and cannot be used for overwatch.
- • Seeking - This weapon totally ignores cover and line of sight as long as it can draw a path to its target. Seeking weapons are typically self guided and propelled, and can move through
- complicated paths to their targets.
- • Smart weapons have some degree of self-guiding systems, self-propelled projectiles, or even nanorobotic ammunition. They must typically be scrambled or jammed rather than avoided. Smart weapons always attack e-defense instead of evasion, even when making a melee or ranged attack. If a target has no listed e-defense, they count e-defense as 8.
- • Threat X - A weapon can be used to make overwatch attacks at range X. A melee weapon’s range is its threat.
- • Thrown X- Indicates that a melee weapon can be thrown at the range indicated. A thrown melee weapon makes an attack against a target as if it was a melee attack, but takes cover into account and disarms you of that weapon. A thrown melee weapon can be retrieved as a free action by moving adjacent to it.
- Pilot tags
- • Clothing - Indicates worn clothing. Pilots can only wear one piece of gear with the clothing tag at once. Basic clothing (fashion, streetwear, etc) doesn’t count against this.
- • Armor - Indicates armor, intended for combat. Pilots can only wear one piece of gear with the armor tag at once. If a pilot is wearing armor, it is immediately apparent (they can’t typically hide the fact). Suiting up into armor is a time consuming process, taking 10-20 minutes, and armor has restricted mobility and dexterity. Nobody wears armor unless they are expecting to go into combat or in a warzone.
- • Gear - Indicates miscellaneous gear, tools, or other items. Pilots can take up to 3.
- • Sidearm: This weapon can be fired with a Quick Action
- Other tags:
- • Quick/Full Action - This system uses a quick or full action to activate.
- • Danger Zone - This system, talent, or weapon only activates when your mech has 1/2 or moreof its heat gauge filled in
- • Deployable - This system is an object that can be deployed in a free adjacent valid space as a quick action, unless otherwise noted. Unless specified, it has 10 hp/size and evasion 5.
- • Drone - Indicates a self-propelled system with rudimentary intelligence. Drones, unless otherwise noted, are allied characters that are size ½ and have evasion 10, 10 HP, and 0 armor. They can’t take actions or move by default unless specified, and act on their owner’s turn if they do have actions or movement. They can benefit from cover and other defenses. They roll all mech skill checks or saves with +0. If they are destroyed (when they reach 0 HP), they must be repaired (like any other system) before they can be used again, but are restored to full hp when you rest or full repair.
- • Grenade - This explosive or other device can be thrown at a point in the specified range and line of sight as a quick action.
- • Immunity - If a character or object is immune to something (damage, burn, conditions), whatever it is immune to has no effect on it. For example, a character that is immune to burn doesn’t take any burn, or count as taking burn, when something attempts to deal burn to it. A character that is immune to engagement never counts as engaged, etc.
- • Limited (x) - Indicates that a weapon or system can only be used x number of times before a full repair
- • Mine - Indicates an explosive that can be planted as a quick action in a free, valid adjacent space on any surface. Mines cannot be placed adjacent to any other mines and arm at the start of your next turn after you deploy them. By default, they activate as soon as any character enters an adjacent space (leaving a space won’t trigger them, so you can safely move away
- once they are active), creating a burst attack starting from the space in which they were placed. A mine can be detected with a quick action and a successful systems check if in sensor range and disarmed by moving adjacent to the mine and making a successful systems check as a quick action before the mine activates (on a failure, the mine activates as normal).
- • Mod - Indicates a weapon mod. Only one can be taken per weapon, including mods of the same type (they do not stack)
- • Protocol: This system can be activated as a free action at the start of your turn, but only at the start of your turn. Deactivating it might take a different action.
- • Reaction - This system can be used as a reaction
- • Resistance - Reduce all damage from a source you have resistance to by half
- • Shield - Indicates the system is an energy shield of some kind
- • Unique - indicates that a weapon or system cannot be duplicated. You can only install it once per mech.
RAW Paste Data