- Getting the R.A.T. 5 mouse to work in Ubuntu can be a BITCH.
- Here is what I did. Please note if the mouse becomes unresponsive during this process simply click the cyborg logo button to the left of the left click button till it become responsive again (you're going to be doing this alot!).
- click Dash Home
- type terminal
- click terminal
- type "sudo gedit" hit enter (enter your root password when prompted)
- copy and paste this text into gedit
- Section "InputClass" Identifier "Mouse Remap" MatchProduct "Saitek Cyborg R.A.T.5 Mouse" MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*" Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 2 9 10 11 12 0 0 0" EndSection
- click save, in the name field put /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/rat5custom.conf
- click save
- close gedit
- in terminal window type exit and hit enter
- click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner
- click shutdown
- click the reboot button
- when the system comes back up your mouse should work!
rat 5 mouse ubuntu 12.04 r.a.t. 5 mouse ubuntu 12
a guest May 15th, 2012 2,732 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data