a guest Aug 23rd, 2019 87 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- JAMstack Personal Growth
- What is JAM STACK?
- Templated markup should be prebuilt at deploy time, usually using a site generator for content sites, or a build tool for web apps.
- Difference between Create React APP and Gatsby
- Create-react-app (CRA), is a build cli, it helps you bootstrap a new react app from nothing fairly quickly. It's rather opinionated about how you should do that and prohibits configuration to reduce complexity for new folks.
- Gatsby, is similar is some senses but the end goal of each project is fairly different. Ultimately Gatsby is really "competing" against technologies like Jekyll vs CRA. To that end, Gatsby is a good bit higher level. It's intended to help build static sites quickly and optimizes for that use case. Practically that means you get server-side-rendering built in, and a whole robust data layer and plugin system for working with data, from CRM's like Drupal, Contentful, down to queryable metadata about react components and jsdoc comments in your source code.
- My longterm goal is to rebuild my js skillset, get better at react and apollo, bring gatsby into our/my workflow, and eventually build a tailored reusable front end system.
RAW Paste Data